PDA

View Full Version : Biz C454 demo page B & W ?

Custom Search

copyman
04-15-2016, 08:36 PM
This is first time I have ever seen this on any K/M. I'm looking to buy this C454 but wanted to make sure this issue is something simple like a setting,etc.

Will copy in color, service mode test pages in color but demo page is B & W.
Not sure about printing because it is in a lease return warehouse and I couldn't test that.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

speedtek
04-15-2016, 08:49 PM
Utility -> User settings -> Printer settings -> PS Setting (and PCL Setting)

If those are set to Grayscale that could be your culprit.

blackcat4866
04-15-2016, 08:49 PM
Not to panic. It's probably just defaulted to monochrome.

If it were me I would take the time to connect my laptop, and make sure it can print. Quite often, lease returns have the HDD wiped, and will need the animation data reloaded. =^..^=

wseyller
04-15-2016, 09:14 PM
I had one do that too but don't know why. I didn't worry about it as the customer won't be printing the demo page anyway. That machine now has million prints without consequence.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

copyman
04-17-2016, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the replies:

Good to hear it shouldn't be a serious problem. I may bring my laptop in and try and print in color.

wseyller, agree don't about demo page as long as it prints in color. Nice to hear it is a good model and running to 1 mil !

Blackcat & speedtek. Looked at the printer settings and all other settings (for over an hour in front of machine and another hour in service manual). Nowhere to default to monochrome. I know you can do this for copying, and printing in the drivers but couldn't find anything for test pages in B&W only?

Thanks again

Synthohol
04-18-2016, 12:09 AM
Not sure about printing because it is in a lease return warehouse and I couldn't test that. Thanks in advance
you could always have a nice color .PDF on a usb stick, if it can print from removable memory in system user box (usually pops up asking to print anyway) and its in color it may just be a dip switch making the test page mono. or corrupt firmware?

EarthKmTech
04-18-2016, 06:53 AM
Have a machine doing this too.

For an unrelated reason I replaced the hard drive in the machine and noticed it was printing colour demo pages after it was set up again, but once I restored the authentication settings backed up to USB key prior to HDD replacement it returned to BW demo pages.

No one cares, though its handy for techs to to do colour test prints without going into service mode or using a computer.

rrrohan
04-18-2016, 10:54 AM
What if you logged in with user auth first then enter user mode and print demo? Is public user set to only print mono

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

wseyller
04-18-2016, 12:46 PM
The copier I had seen it on did have account track. Sound like auth may have something to do with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

suomi
04-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Maybe this....

Administrator>>User authentication >>Print with authentication

copyman
04-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone. I feel real stupid right about now!
It was the authentication & account track that were on. I was assuming that a box would come up asking for a password if it was on and it did not. Turned both off and then printed a color demo page !!!

You know the old saying about "assume".... you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me"

Thanks again

guycampo
11-13-2019, 06:13 PM
Try:
User Settings -> Printer Settings -> PCL Settings -> Select Color

tsbservice
11-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Utility -> User settings -> Printer settings -> PS Setting (and PCL Setting)

If those are set to Grayscale that could be your culprit.

Try:
User Settings -> Printer Settings -> PCL Settings -> Select Color

This thread was resolved more than 3 and half years ago, and your advice was already suggested.
Anyway, keep trying.

Custom Search