PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Singing drum.

Custom Search

allan
04-17-2016, 11:50 AM
I have some B601's with a singing drums. The noise can become unbearable!

If you change the drum or the blade the noise goes away or returns in a thousand or so prints.

Its 3de party stuff that normally works very well and even with the noise the prints are perfect.

Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

I have been thinking of putting something in the drum to stop it from resonating.

Synthohol
04-17-2016, 12:38 PM
OMG i havent seen that issue in forever!
take the drum out, grab a clean rag with fuser oil on it and polish the surface of the drum then finish with a dry cloth.
there's even a turtle wax product that has no grit you can use too. we used to do this like crazy for the C500s C6500 drums before they changed the blade angle to stop flipping.
the polished drums should eliminate the noise. after all the whine is just a high pitched vibration reverberated so the less friction between drum and blade the less chance of the crying drum.
if this does not work the noise may be coming from somewhere else.
good luck!

blackcat4866
04-17-2016, 02:41 PM
The Mita DC211 and DC213 were known for this. I don't know if either of these solutions apply, but I'll talk about them:

1) The wiper blades were mounted with shoulder screws as a central pivot. Add shims to take up some of the slack, yet still let the blade pivot.
2) Yes generic toner can lubricate the drum blade poorly. Eventually the blade will flip. Perhaps you can find a setting to make the machine prime the blade more often? Most likely a change to OEM toner is the best choice.

=^..^=

Flash
04-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Check the ground tab at the end of the toner collecting roller. I have had that cause a squeal.

BR549
04-17-2016, 06:50 PM
I had this problem on a BH750. Customer was using generic toner. Told them to use OEM toner. No more problems.

allan
04-17-2016, 09:31 PM
With the 3de party toner on original drums the problem does not exist. So it should be my generic drums.
I have found that some of them runs a bit off center by the way the drum works out maybe some play on the back flange?.
Putting oil on the drum, not sure if i will go there. I will not be the only one to fix this issue.

The toner used is really good and I can see that on the yield the parts in the machine makes.

Thanks BC i will try to shim the blade and see what that does.

Priming on these machines should not be a problem, but i will check the switches again for modification.
One of the reasons these machines overtone in low volume environments is that it makes a patch across the entire drum for the reason of priming.

allan
04-17-2016, 09:36 PM
Check the ground tab at the end of the toner collecting roller. I have had that cause a squeal.

I replace the assy every 500 to 600K on these machines and do inspect and clean that when I service the IU's.

Iowatech
04-18-2016, 01:44 AM
I'm not sure this is a cleaning blade failure as that would affect print quality.
I would try putting some conductive grease on the contact the drum gets it's ground from first anyway. For some reason I seem to remember that was an issue with either 3M, Harris, or Lanier analog equipment back in the day, but for the life of me I can't remember why right now. Maybe it was microfilm stuff. I don't know.
Sorry.

Custom Search