PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C353 with code C2152 (transfer belt)

Custom Search

SkipL
04-20-2016, 02:45 AM
Need some info and yes I do have tech manual. I got this error code C2152 immediately following replacement of a laser print head but I can't say it's related. Rechecked all plugs, wires, connectors etc. following print head replacement. Prior to print head replacement the transfer belt was removed to prevent damage as per the tech manual so I expect this IS related. I have tried with the rear belt attachment screw loosened and the screw is the correct screw. I have also swapped the transfer belt from another working C353 but the problem remained with the bad machine and the belt worked fine in the donor machine. There is considerable wear (powdering) of the fuser gears so I can assume considerable wear throughout the machine. The tech manual points to the transfer belt clutch or sensors switch/actuator. How difficult is it to get to the clutch and sensor/actuator? The manual is very, very vaque and I can't seem to pinpoint the location from the manual. Any help or trouble assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hansoon
04-20-2016, 03:11 AM
Check the screw which holds the rear silver colored "lever" - as KonicaMinolta calls them (parts manual page 15, item 27). I used once a too long screw for the rear one which interfered with the white plastic lever for the transfer belt clutch under it giving exactly your problem.

If you need to go to the transfer belt clutch itself you have to remove a lot of stuff to reach the transfer belt drive unit, beginning with the cage holding the electronics. (there's one stupid screw hidden under the hard drive, often forgotten....)

Had often that the tiny transfer belt clutch became rusty and it had to be cleaned.

Hans

paulrid
04-20-2016, 08:35 AM
As Hanson say that back screw can be a problem, also remove the transfer belt and rotate the white gear on the right hand side to either engage or disengage (can't remember) the bars, then put back. I assume you are opening and closing the front door to clear code?
Paul.

SkipL
04-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Yes, I clear the code by opening/closing the front door. Any idea of time involved?

Hansoon
04-20-2016, 04:56 PM
Time to go to that TB drive unit? Depending if you want to dismantle the TB drive unit itself also, you will need for the 1st time almost an hour I think, refitting an already finished TB drive unit about half an hour. 2nd time you need half an hour vice-versa.

I HATE that job cause of the hundred-zillion screws you have to remove and also the fact that there is a "holder" in the machine body under the fuser unit keeping a drive shaft reaching from the rear under the fuser which has to be removed too. There's a cute little spring in there which easily gets lost.

I have always a rebuild TB drive unit with me in my car cause fiddling around with it in front of the customer is too much for my old nerves and eyes. The little clutch caused me in the past a lot of problems. Slipping, grounding noise, squeaking, slipping, grounding noise, squeaking, slipping, grounding noise, squeaking and of course, in case I forgot to mention, squeaking is what they love to do........

Hans

giddyupngo
04-20-2016, 05:10 PM
I was able to fix a machine with this same problem, by padding out the white detection plate on the transfer belt. I carefully cut a piece of cardboard and put it behind the plate, then screwed it back in. This just pushes it out a little more so it "actuates" better. Never had a call back after this is done. If this works for you, remember the piece of cardboard will have to be moved to each new transfer belt, or it will come back. I am attaching a "cheat sheet" I made and shared at our service meeting. Hope this helps.

SkipL
05-29-2016, 03:12 AM
Turns out the transfer belt was fine and the clutch was fine. Curiosity go the better of me and I pulled it all down in the back to get to the photo-interrupt belt retraction sensor. Turns out that the old photo-interrupt sensor lever was much smaller and thinner than the replacement. I assume there must have been an un-announced production change (no retro-fit notification?) To make a long story short the wear on the plastic shaft in the metal holder was significant and as a result the lever was moving at a somewhat diagonal angle which was the most likely cause of the problem. I say "most likely" because it will take a LOT of skill, downtime and effort to put this all back together again as it appears they built the machine around the sensor with no regard to ever having to replace it. What a PITA! There must be an easier way...

Thanks all for the help!

copyman
05-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Yes as you found out the C2152 code is for the transfer belt retraction sensor. It is very common on the C203/253/353. It can happen anytime after you remove the trans belt. There was a TB on this showing the new style actuator.

I have replaced at least 25 of these. Not fun to replace but not too bad after the 10th time doing it. This is one of those calls having an electric screwdriver makes life a lot easier:)

Reed
11-17-2020, 02:14 AM
I was able to fix a machine with this same problem, by padding out the white detection plate on the transfer belt. I carefully cut a piece of cardboard and put it behind the plate, then screwed it back in. This just pushes it out a little more so it "actuates" better. Never had a call back after this is done. If this works for you, remember the piece of cardboard will have to be moved to each new transfer belt, or it will come back. I am attaching a "cheat sheet" I made and shared at our service meeting. Hope this helps.

I realize this is an old post but just had this problem today when replacing the transfer belt. I ended up taking the part off the original belt and installed it on the belt. The bulletin helped a lot.. Thanks!

Terna247
11-18-2020, 12:44 AM
Congrats. Getting to that sensor is always a day's job. Crap!!

Sent from my Infinix X606C using Tapatalk

Custom Search