PDA

View Full Version : BH 363 Scanning slow

Custom Search

Cookr
04-20-2016, 08:37 PM
Got this BH 363 set up at customer and scanning is set up and works but it takes just about a minute to send the scan not sure whats going on. Haven't had a chance yet to get there with a laptop to check if its there network they had a BH 200 that they said worked fine, but I just wanted to see if there was any feedback and if anybody else has encountered slow scanning and what it was you did thanks.

copier addict
04-20-2016, 09:47 PM
Check what resolution the machine is sending. The higher the resolution the longer it will take to send. This machine scans in colour, so if that isn't needed you can default it to gray scale, that will speed things up a bit too.

Cookr
04-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Check what resolution the machine is sending. The higher the resolution the longer it will take to send. This machine scans in colour, so if that isn't needed you can default it to gray scale, that will speed things up a bit too.

Yeah probably should have put in some more details sorry. The resolution was set low and I also tried sending it in Black, Gray scale, also with changing the type to just text, dot matrix, even tried changing the network speed on the copier, all same results they do have an old network switch they are using to route the connection but the computers use it also and the internet seams just fine. Its probably something on there computers slowing it down but then I think it wouldn't work at all.

mo0651
04-21-2016, 02:12 PM
Ummm... What kind of scanning are you doing?? :cool:

Cookr
04-21-2016, 02:19 PM
SMB Directly to each computer not on a shared server drive or anything

copier addict
04-21-2016, 02:27 PM
The next step for me would be to take the network out of the equation. Use a crossover cable and scan directly to either your laptop or one of the office computers.

mo0651
04-21-2016, 03:22 PM
Does it happen scanning to a different computer?? Does it run thru a surge protector?

Cookr
04-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Does it happen scanning to a different computer?? Does it run thru a surge protector?

Yes. There are 4 computers hooked up to print and scan and it does it on all of them and no surge protector

mo0651
04-21-2016, 08:51 PM
Scanning to the computer name or static IP ??? Try disabling the firewall for a test and see if it speeds up.

peter42
04-21-2016, 09:22 PM
Check network speed and cable quality.
If there is a switch capable of Gbit?
Are there lines with Cat5e minimum?
Often i struggle by old cat5lines are not gbit capable.

Hang your notebook direktly to the machine and check scanning.

If printing works, but scanning often fails, its a network-problem.

Sometimes, change networkspeed at bizhub from auto to lower speed helps.

greetings peter

speedtek
04-25-2016, 04:02 PM
If they are scanning to hostnames, try switching to one of the PC's IP addresses to see if that speeds it up. If it does, make sure the DNS settings are correct and try scanning to the hostname again.

service_man
04-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Try to use FTP Scaning.
Its better, and is completly working

Custom Search