PDA

View Full Version : SMB Scanning C224e

Custom Search

Gaffers01
04-20-2016, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with a C224e when SMB scanning, the machine was installed 3 weeks ago with no problems and suddenly the scanning only works occasionally.
For example I was there today and tried to scan and it worked :D I then tried again 5mins later and it didn't work.:confused:
I tried multiple times and then it worked for 1 then wouldn't work again:mad:

When I looked at the Job Details it said Login Error, but obviously the Password is correct as it did work.
I setup a different PC for SMB scanning and had the same issue.

I turned on Network Error Codes to see if this gave me a bit more info but I just get Error Code 4097

The user name is not specified.

Unable to log in with the specified user name and password.

The user does not have write permission to the folder.

Failed to log in due to an SMB protocol error.

Pc's are Windows 8.1, and No third party security/Firewall on pc's

I haven't installed the latest firmware yet but will do this tomorrow on my return,

Any thought or ideas gratefully received

copier tech
04-20-2016, 09:31 PM
Yes try the firware first you could also connect your laptop up with a crossover cable to rule out/in their network

copyrooks
04-20-2016, 09:44 PM
You can try browsing to the shared folder through the copier and connect that way. I have had a few that wouldn't work correctly even though all the info was correct on pagescope web connect.

service_man
04-24-2016, 07:53 AM
On the New OS like 8.1 and 10, it is problem... But, if you put your scanner on the SCAN TO FTP, it's working fine... Because, scan to FTP using port 21, and scan to SMB using port 443...

I have the same problem, and I loose 3-4 hours to fix that...
And when I install File Zilla Server, I finish my job for 15 minutes.

Best program for using that is FILE ZILLA SERVER

Good Luck ;););)

speedtek
04-25-2016, 03:56 PM
First thing I would check is the permissions to the scan folder - make sure the username you're using (or "Everyone") has modify rights.

Another thing I do when I'm having SMB issues is make sure you have NTLM v1/v2 selected under Network -> SMB -> client in the administrator settings.

Thirdly, firmware is definitely worth checking on these machines.

Good luck!

Gaffers01
04-26-2016, 11:01 AM
FIXED

Hi all thanks for you suggestions, it ended up being a faulty network switch,
when I got there I tried all the usual stuff but still same issue.
I then plugged a crossover cable from the machine straight into there nearest pc and all worked fine.

I had a call from there IT department a few hours later to say they had replaced the switch and it had fixed that problem
and also a few other problems they were having on there network.

Custom Search