PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Firmware update failing Bizhub C258

Custom Search

Arteminium
04-21-2016, 05:40 AM
I'm currently doing a Run Up for a Bizhub C258, I loaded 'A7PU0Y0-F000-GC2-84.exe' which is the recommended Firmware, onto a USB, turned the machine off plugged it in, the USB flashed, and then the machine started up as normal. I thought maybe in spite of the fact it's a .exe, it needed to be extracted, so I did that, and it still booted normally. I've tried the same two steps on another USB, but that failed as well and I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

The USB flashes to indicate it's being read so I know the machine knows it's there, for some reason, it's just not finding the firmware that's there.

Any help, or ideas would be great

Eresources
04-21-2016, 05:44 AM
I'm currently doing a Run Up for a Bizhub C258, I loaded 'A7PU0Y0-F000-GC2-84.exe' which is the recommended Firmware, onto a USB, turned the machine off plugged it in, the USB flashed, and then the machine started up as normal. I thought maybe in spite of the fact it's a .exe, it needed to be extracted, so I did that, and it still booted normally. I've tried the same two steps on another USB, but that failed as well and I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

The USB flashes to indicate it's being read so I know the machine knows it's there, for some reason, it's just not finding the firmware that's there.

Any help, or ideas would be great

Re-read your service manual. You have to have it in a folder named a certain thing. This series is different from every other previous.

Arteminium
04-21-2016, 06:10 AM
Re-read your service manual. You have to have it in a folder named a certain thing. This series is different from every other previous.

Thanks man, I was reading that to mean move the files in FW0002 to the root, not move the folder itself.
All good now :)

tech51
04-21-2016, 06:34 PM
Also hold the stop button down when you switch it on with the stick in,until the black dot appears in the top right hand side of the screen.
This puts the machine into update mode.

Custom Search