PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C554e transfer belt blade

Custom Search

blackcat4866
04-22-2016, 01:41 AM
I replaced a transfer belt yesterday for the blade being flipped (and the resulting shredding of the belt). Today, I found out that it flipped again. I primed it, like I prime every belt. This enduser is running 125K per month. I'm wondering if perhaps they're running low-fill originals, and lacking lubrication the transfer blade flips. It's OEM toner.

Is there a way to increase the frequency of the transfer blade priming patch? Nothing jumped out at me in the manual, but I didn't exactly know what to look for: Low fill originals? =^..^=

Synthohol
04-22-2016, 01:49 AM
those machines have a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, are you able to get credit?
also OEM toner?

allan
04-22-2016, 04:31 AM
After you reset the belt does the transfer roller get a coat of yellow toner?

There is a bead on the sides to reinforce and track the belt if that breaks the edges becomes fragile.

blackcat4866
04-22-2016, 01:00 PM
After you reset the belt does the transfer roller get a coat of yellow toner?

There is a bead on the sides to reinforce and track the belt if that breaks the edges becomes fragile.

I know what you mean. As I was collecting the fingernail sized shards of shredded belt, I found the piece of tape the used to be along the rear edge. It end up behind the 2nd transfer roller. I noticed that the old 2nd transfer roller had a coating of yellow toner, and read about the process in the manual. Is this how the primary transfer blade is lubricated? =^..^=

EarthKmTech
04-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Each time i change a transfer belt on these machines I coat them with new toner prior to installation then after running the gradation adjustments I run 10-15 solid 255 gradation 4 colour black mode test prints in A3. That's solved it for me.

the one or 2 times I've had it still shred the belt even after doing this (and by default on high risk low coverage machines) i just pour waste toner all over the new belt from the waste toner box and manually turn prior to installation. That lubes it up good and proper. Never ever had one flip after doing that.

Yellow toner coating on transfer roller is by design on all permanently pressed 2nd transfer roller machines - it stops damage to the belt surface from the roller rubber being in constant contact with it. Yellow toner is chosen as its hardest to see on the reverse side.

blackcat4866
04-23-2016, 05:45 PM
Was that a Yes, No, or I don't know? =^..^=

habik
04-23-2016, 10:15 PM
Was that a Yes, No, or I don't know? =^..^=

I'd say yes as it runs a yellow fill ONCE to coat that roller a 1 full turn only. Any remains are eaten by the blade (doubt it will be enough to lube the balde). There is a mechanism in firmware to clean the blade from debree when it perform as back-turn and then normal forward turning, but that doesn't help with your question.

Have you tried to put the Stabilisation settings to Color Priority instead of Standard. System 2 > Stabiliser Settings. The Stabilisation pattern is the only bit that could pottentionally be the source of blade lubrication. Other than the priming of 2nd Transfer roller with Yellow toner. So increasing the frequency of stabilisation could help. Had a bit of a lateral moment..... Maybe taking the humidistat and thermometer out of machine and put it on a window sill. There will be conditions change all the time, heavily dependent on the Sun rays and weather, hence Image Stabiliation increased. A flower pot nearby humidistat may do miracles :D

blackcat4866
04-24-2016, 12:50 AM
Thanks habik. I'll take a look at those settings. =^..^=

Custom Search