PDA

View Full Version : Error Code BZ951 jamming and error codes.

Custom Search

tech51
04-25-2016, 06:59 PM
I have a 951 which brings up a C1109 code but only when double stapling or when the staple unit runs to the front to empty its staple scraps.
It will do single staple ok but again will code when emptying the scraps.
The paper stacks on to the silver guide, but as soon as the stapler moves to the double staple position it codes up.
In addition it will occasionally jam at position 7218, again with the paper up to the guides.
So far the staple unit has been replaced and the unit cleaned.
The stapler runs freely on its rails and no binding or chattering noises ocurr when the code/jams ocurr.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Synthohol
04-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Check the 2 or 3 stapler position sensors. One may be blocked or out of place.
Ive also seen the flag on the belt be bent so it never triggers the sensor to let it know its position.
Thats where id start

allan
04-25-2016, 10:42 PM
Did you use the proper jigs when you replaced them?

tech51
04-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Just following up.
The fault turned out to be a broken wire in the loom that connects from the staple unit to the main loom.
It had a broken wire and whenever the stapler moved it cut off the power to the stapler motor causing the code.
Hope this helps someone in the future.......

Kidaver
04-28-2016, 10:06 PM
I had one doing this and it was the timing on the belt being way off and the stapler would crash into the paper catch on the belt. I replaced everything involved in that system and we never figured it out. KM just sent a whole new finisher to me instead. That week was a nightmare tho. I bled all over that finisher slicing my fingers on all the sharp nooks and crannies inside that thing.

Custom Search