PDA

View Full Version : I need of a tech/service manual for the Konica 8050.

Custom Search

jodiego7
06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
I am in need of a service/tech manual for the Konica 8050. I am having transfer belt problems and would like to know if the belt can be cleaned/polished up or do I have to replace? Also what is the error for SC23-09 and how do I fix this?

Thanks everyone, this site has been really great for tech support and help.

Joe

pspahr
06-27-2008, 04:30 AM
I am in need of a service/tech manual for the Konica 8050. I am having transfer belt problems and would like to know if the belt can be cleaned/polished up or do I have to replace? Also what is the error for SC23-09 and how do I fix this?

Thanks everyone, this site has been really great for tech support and help.

Joe

Sounds like the transfer belt motor. SC23-09 says that "when the transfer motor (M18) was on the M18 abnormality detection signal was detected continuously." Points to the printer control board or the transfer motor. Has the transfer belt unit been removed recently? Kind of tough if you've never removed one before to get it seated correctly again. I'd be less likely to claim it was the PRCB and more likely the motor. Binding of the belt assembly could slow it down or maybe pressure within the unit has been released and the belt is slipping. The latter seems really unlikely as other process control codes would be popping up.

I know that isn't a ton of help, but at least now you have a starting place.

The manual is about 7 megs in size and should go through most email servers. I can send email as large as 15 megs so if you can receive a 7 meg file then I'll send it to you. Provide an email addy in a private message if this is the case.

laserman06
06-27-2008, 04:40 AM
Basically your transfer belt is not turning. Could be a bad motor or dirty encoder sensor, or toner is backed up in the cleaner assy. My guess is that it is the toner build up.

Remove your cleaner assy and try to clean out all the toner build up. Replace the clean blade and reinstall. You also should check the waste toner system to make sure that it is not blocked from hardened toner. If you don't know where it is at. Pull out your Drum carriage and shine a flashlight inside the machine. Look all the way in the back and you will see a black tube, with 5 holes. Warning: It is not fun trying to clean it out. Prepare to get dirty and hot.

F23-09 indicated with lines on copies.
Solution
CAUSE: Toner is backing up or solidifying in the cleaning unit box for the transfer belt causing the transfer belt drive motor (M18) to bind.There is insufficient airflow during idle which causes the internal machine temperature to rise.

jodiego7
06-27-2008, 05:21 AM
I.m just now figuring out how to navigate this site. Bear with me. My email address to send the manual is jodiego7@yahoo.com

Thank you so much,
Joe Bean

Custom Search