PDA

View Full Version : c451/550/650 Developer Dumping

Custom Search

jpg719
04-28-2016, 02:20 PM
I am having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with. I have a c650 that has begun dumping black developer. I had an almost new black imaging unit in the copier that somehow (really have no idea what caused them) got a couple of small scratches on it. Instead of going through the expense of replacing the entire imaging unit (which like I said was almost new) I purchased just the drum and disassembled and reassembled the black imaging unit with the new drum in place. Immediately upon making the first copy the imaging unit started dumping black developer (badly) all over the imaging unit and the back of the copier. Convinced I must have done something wrong with the drum change, I installed a brand new (complete) black imaging unit and the same thing happened right away. Would anyone have any ideas of things I can check to try to fix this problem? Thank you!

CraigW
04-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Does it have the L shaped metal bracket in place in front for the K IU ???

jpg719
04-28-2016, 02:46 PM
Yes, it does have the L-shaped bracket installed.

Zeldaman
04-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Hi there!
1+ , also make pieces of the spare-pads for the ph-cleaner-rod & glue them on the black cushions of all 4 blue levers which hold the pcdu in place.
Greetings...

CompyTech
04-28-2016, 05:04 PM
Check the bracket. If good, your HV1 is shot and you'll have to replace the HV1 and a new K IU (drum and developer) at the same time.

jpg719
04-28-2016, 06:14 PM
That was my fear. Thank you all for your advice.

Custom Search