PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di-350, orientation change at random.

Custom Search

Hansoon
06-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Minolta Di-350, orientation change at random. This is really a weird one. When using the AFR-14 ADF, machine changes at random the image orientation with as a result that an A4 crosswise copy comes out with a partially A4R, lengthwise, image on it. Changed until now in the ADF all sensors, main board and internal harnesses of the sensors. Played with al machine settings and readjusted the size detecting sensors of the machine through F7-1 and F7-2 several times. Also realignment of the ADF on the machine as well as readjusting the 15° sensor and reed switch didn't help. This ADF behaves the same on several machines so the problem most likely is confined to the AFR-14 itself. The only thing I couldn't try yet is the change of the hook-up harness ADF to machine which I will try tomorrow. Any ideas in the mean time? Hans

mtech
06-27-2008, 04:23 AM
Sounds like a width sensor issue. The only issue I have seen with this is bending of the white guide over the slit glass. That just causes a ripple on the edge of the copy.
Good luck.

deep
06-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Clean and re-calibrate the Original Size Sensors with Function Mode F7-1.

fixthecopier
06-29-2008, 02:13 AM
This may not be related but one of the biggest problems I had with the Di250/350 machines was the top tray size detect. When the operator would shut the top tray and the machine would show what it thought was in there and ask the operator to select enter if it is correct. Of course when the tray showed the wrong paper size or direction the customer still will select enter, then the machine reacts based on what they told it was in there. Does your problem occure from the other trays? Did you check to see that the paper sizes match what the machine thinks is in them? I bet I did over 200 work orders where that was the problem.

Custom Search