PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta weird scan error code 0x03004d01

Custom Search

nebulos
04-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Hi

We have a few konica minoltas..

But the oldest one we have is this c200.

When we try to scan, then sometimes we get this error - 0x03004d01

I mean like 50% of the time, scanner doesn't work. It crashes when e-mailing the scanned text or before that.
What is weird is that it used to work.. and still works sometimes..

Any idea how can I fix this error code?

How much would it cost if I have to buy some new parts or something like that?

Thanks for your time and help!! :)

emujo
04-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Those abort codes are usually associated with a bad MFP board, but they can also be generated by todays technology trying to communicate with such an old device. The cost of a new board would probably not help and you would be better off replacing with something newer. BTW, the nature of this code is listed as "network system processing error" and recommends replacement of MFBS and/or memory board. If I had to make a guess, and since the code seems to be intermittent, I would replace the memory chip (s) if you can find them. Emujo

nebulos
04-29-2016, 04:33 PM
okay, thanks.. I'll try to reset the settings and a few other things. If it won't work i'll have an excuse to buy a new one. I really don't like that model anyway. You are right. Probably not worth it to repair.

wseyller
05-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Haven't seen an abort code when scanning but have seen abort codes related to printing because of a print job that the MFP board couldn't understand or the wrong driver was used. In some of those cases a special firmware corrected the issue that allow the copier to print the job stuck in the queue which previously caused the abort code to happen only when the Ethernet cable was connected.

I don't know but could be just a special firmware available that may help out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Custom Search