PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 LED cleaning and rollers

Custom Search

AVW
05-02-2016, 03:07 AM
I am starting to feel familiar with my "new" C450. After I could solve all the networking issues, and got used to the Fiery with your help, everything looks fine so far. Now there are two more questions I got recently.

1) The LED cleaning of the LED Assy
The service manual tells me to use the cleaning jig plus some cleaning jig pads. Of course this machine has no more pads left. What are these usually? Can I clean the LED Assy with Isoprpyl Alcohol as I can do with so many other parts? Or are these pads somethign completely different? Is there a chace to get them somewhere as end user?

2) All the different rollers
As I learned from the service manual all the rollers are consumables as well and should be replaced every 150k prints.
The Pick-up Roller, Paper Take-up Roller, Separation Roller Assy of the trays, as the rollers of the transport section and the duplex section. The machine got 240k prints and I should replace them, as the paper transport is not perfect recently.

Where do I get all these rollers? Does KM sell them to end customers? Any source for me in Europe?

habik
05-02-2016, 10:16 PM
I am starting to feel familiar with my "new" C450. After I could solve all the networking issues, and got used to the Fiery with your help, everything looks fine so far. Now there are two more questions I got recently.

1) The LED cleaning of the LED Assy
The service manual tells me to use the cleaning jig plus some cleaning jig pads. Of course this machine has no more pads left. What are these usually? Can I clean the LED Assy with Isoprpyl Alcohol as I can do with so many other parts? Or are these pads somethign completely different? Is there a chace to get them somewhere as end user?

2) All the different rollers
As I learned from the service manual all the rollers are consumables as well and should be replaced every 150k prints.
The Pick-up Roller, Paper Take-up Roller, Separation Roller Assy of the trays, as the rollers of the transport section and the duplex section. The machine got 240k prints and I should replace them, as the paper transport is not perfect recently.

Where do I get all these rollers? Does KM sell them to end customers? Any source for me in Europe?

LED array are located under Imaging Units and you can use some micro-fibre cloth wrapped around that stick or anything that can reach to the back of the machine. I usually pull all IU's out, plus the Transfer belt and clean the whole of the inside with a vacuum cleaner and then just wipe of the array with a microfibre cloth dampened with IPA or window cleaner. Since you have everything out I clean the IDC's as they are important for Stabilization of the Image, Gradations and Color Registrations. On the belt it self there is a white patch on one side of the belt. Clean that too.

Paper pick-ups and feed rollers with separation I replace as a set and they usually last about 100-150k, all depends on type of paper used. Lesser quality - lower the page count on rollers before jam occurs.

AVW
05-03-2016, 12:04 AM
and then just wipe of the array with a microfibre cloth dampened with IPA or window cleaner. Fine, that is what I wanted to get confirmed! Thanks.

Since you have everything out I clean the IDC's as they are important for Stabilization of the Image, Gradations and Color Registrations. You are talking about The "IDC / Registration Sensors" of the belt, right?

On the belt it self there is a white patch on one side of the belt. Clean that too. I will do so.

Paper pick-ups and feed rollers with separation I replace as a set and they usually last about 100-150k, all depends on type of paper used. Lesser quality - lower the page count on rollers before jam occurs. Yes. As said the machine got 240k prints, and is still working. And I am sure there were never new rollers at all, if I look at them. Every 30 to 50 copy a jam recently. Not bad, but a situation to improve.

habik
05-03-2016, 09:10 PM
You are talking about The "IDC / Registration Sensors" of the belt, right?

Yes, they are just below the belt when you look at the machine from the RH Side

Yes. As said the machine got 240k prints, and is still working. And I am sure there were never new rollers at all, if I look at them. Every 30 to 50 copy a jam recently. Not bad, but a situation to improve.

That machine likes playing Reggae as that to me is jamming too much.. Replace them all.

AVW
05-05-2016, 08:54 AM
LED array are located under Imaging Units and you can use some micro-fibre cloth wrapped around that stick or anything that can reach to the back of the machine. I usually pull all IU's out, plus the Transfer belt and clean the whole of the inside with a vacuum cleaner and then just wipe of the array with a microfibre cloth dampened with IPA or window cleaner. Since you have everything out I clean the IDC's as they are important for Stabilization of the Image, Gradations and Color Registrations. On the belt it self there is a white patch on one side of the belt. Clean that too.

OK, done so far. Only problem right now, the white patch at the belt got loose a little bit - about 1/4 of the square is not at the belt anymore. And I fear that it is a problem. What can I do? Glue it to the belt (whith what kind of glue?)?

Another question, on the left side of the belt there is a lot of toner (below the white cloth). It is polluting the belt again and again when I move it. Do I need to get all the toner away, or is it "normal" that there is a lot of toner?

habik
05-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Send us a pictur of that square patch and I wouldn't worry too much about that belt as there us a brush that rotates when running so thats why you getting smears.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

AVW
05-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Itīs not that easy to take good makro pictures with an old mobile and bad light ;)

But here they are, the bad ones. The part of the square that is not at the belt anymore is in direction of the belt movement and touching the brush at every round :-/

habik
05-05-2016, 08:53 PM
I'd say thats fine. As long as the patch is there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Custom Search