PDA

View Full Version : Weird scanning issue on C224

Custom Search

kingarthur
05-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Was at a customers today, who said that their C224 didn't send all the pages when scanning duplex, I immediately thought it was due to blank page removal, until I tried it, I sent the 17 page management list to her email duplexed, C224 says 17 pages sent job complete, only last page has arrived in her inbox, sent 9 pages simplex to her inbox and all went ok & she received 9 pages , scanned 17 page duplex to my memory stick, job complete & all 17 pages on my memory stick, sent it again to her email 17 pages duplexed, only page 17 is in her inbox, despite C224 saying job complete, the only thing I can deduce is it's a network problem as each time all 17 pages have left the C224...what i don't understand is .....why ?

Synthohol
05-03-2016, 12:54 PM
just for testing, have you changed the file name?
what about scanning in black or color, any difference?
pdf vs compact pdf?
what if the attachment is saved first then opened?

kingarthur
05-03-2016, 04:47 PM
just for testing, have you changed the file name?
what about scanning in black or color, any difference?
pdf vs compact pdf?
what if the attachment is saved first then opened?

scanning is autocolour, in pdf, file name not changed, if I scan 17 pages , duplex file size is only 38kb, as only one page appears, if i scan 9 pages simplex, all arrive, file size is 312kb,

I'm convinced it's their network as I can scan to my USB ok

Synthohol
05-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Simplex or duplex is irrelevant on the scan side. What I mean is if you scan 5 pages duplex the pdf should be 10 pages long.
If you can scan 5 duplex and get 10 pages on your USB stick the system is fully functional.
Can you use your laptop and scan to yourself an see if all the pages arrive?
This way you eliminate the copuer from the mix.
Also if they scan to email is the size over 10mb? Most email servera wont accept files over 10 mb.
Did you try to scan black only? Just trying to narrow down the issue.

Custom Search