PDA

View Full Version : cumstom box, secure output

Custom Search

nhyrum
05-04-2016, 12:00 AM
so apparently if you have print in the title it puts it in printable mode, and no one can reply.

Basically what im looking to do is something that is similar to canon's secure print. the customer wants it so they can print, and manually release the print job while standing at the machine(taskapha 3551ci)

I heard custom box is what i want but i couldnt find it anywhere. I heard it depends on which version of the driver is being used, eg KPDL or PCL 5/6?

Synthohol
05-04-2016, 12:19 AM
where it says proof and hold, use the dropdown for private print
also ALWAYS use the KX driver and change to KPDL

3277332774 added KPDL pic

darry1322
05-04-2016, 01:53 PM
where it says proof and hold, use the dropdown for private print
also ALWAYS use the KX driver and change to KPDL

3277332774 added KPDL pic

You could always create a Custom Box for each user and password protect the box. They would then go to the MFP, open their own Custom Box and print from there using the password for their box.

darry1322
05-04-2016, 04:57 PM
I heard custom box is what i want but i couldnt find it anywhere. I heard it depends on which version of the driver is being used, eg KPDL or PCL 5/6?

Forgot to add that Custom Box is in the same area of the capture that synthohol added above. You can create the Custom Boxes at the control panel or from the web interface.

nhyrum
05-04-2016, 05:54 PM
I have secure print(or whatever its called) enabled, and set up on all the computers that need it set up.
Dont know why i didnt see that before.

Also, i think their IT department has most of the features locked down, as all the print drivers are set to PCL XL and I cant change it... stupid IT people... a lot of the features under printer properties were greyed out

Synthohol
05-04-2016, 06:10 PM
8 years of servicing kyocera and kpdl and kx driver are usually flawless. Xl and pcl always gave issues printing.
Its a shame their IT is setting you up for future failure.
Sorry.

nhyrum
05-04-2016, 07:37 PM
8 years of servicing kyocera and kpdl and kx driver are usually flawless. Xl and pcl always gave issues printing.
Its a shame their IT is setting you up for future failure.
Sorry.

Yeah, they have issues, with a line of code printing out on a page for a ream or two. I bet switching to kpdl would help

Custom Search