PDA

View Full Version : KM-30/40/5035 Toner from Katun

Custom Search

08-19-2006, 01:49 AM
has anyone tried the Katun toner for the KM-2530, KM-3530, KM-4030 from Katun? any recommendations?

higherlevel
08-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Have not tried Katun Toner..just Polek toner..and FORGET USING POLEK TONER IN THESE MACHINE....To many Developer smearing marks or light copy problems...We are using Polek Color toner though for Konica Minolta C350 Bizhub's..and have not had any problem...

Captech33
08-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Just got a shipment of jdepmsey toner in and are trying it now

copymanb
08-24-2006, 06:10 AM
Just got a shipment of jdepmsey toner in and are trying it now

I've been looking for just the bags of toner to re-fill the 5 empties I have in stock. P.R. wants like $45.00 just for the toner.. They used to sell it for $25.00 and I could live with that, but they won't budge...
Big Bill

Mark B
08-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Give me a break do not even start with the katan toner

dqydj
08-24-2006, 09:40 PM
My experience with katun toner is you better be using katun developer
as well.
It works with some machines and others just puke.
I don't care much for katun stuff although they do have
pretty good press rollers for certain models.

kmking
08-31-2006, 10:41 AM
Never use Katun toner...It destroys the lower drum seal..and u will lose copy quality..the amount of Silicon in the toner is not very high..therefore causing the drum seal to erode away..pay that little bit extra and you will save in the long run...be aware that the new KYO printers 5th generation,dragon series can and will detect NON genuine toner has been installed...take this onboard...

pat
03-01-2007, 09:50 PM
We're using the katun toners for Olivetti d25/d35/d40 (same as km2530/3530/4030), i guess we start using them about half a year ago as far as i know there weren't any major problems this far.

troyboy
03-02-2007, 02:09 AM
i have been using katun toner in my machines now for about 6 months. so far i haven't had any problems. however it does seem quality of fill is somewhat suspicious. but all my machines are on contract and the difference of price compared to oem is huge. i am keeping my fingers crossed. troy

Spank6482
03-02-2007, 07:30 AM
i have been using katun toner in my machines now for about 6 months. so far i haven't had any problems. however it does seem quality of fill is somewhat suspicious. but all my machines are on contract and the difference of price compared to oem is huge. i am keeping my fingers crossed. troy

Just wait until your developing units start to fail after about 250-300k. Not every one of them will fail but you will have some issues. Katun makes a great fuser roller and an OK feed tire but the charge/bias/toner/laser/drum setup on the current equipment from all the manufactures are just too sensitive to start messing around with. If you think the savings are that big go for it but please don't forget to factor in a bunch of future CQ calls and the cost of finding new customers after they buy their next machine from someone else.

Use the aftermarket shit in your old analogs but don't get too greedy and end up paying more in the long run.

pat
03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Ahum, I had a broken developer this week, The developer was totally stuck, result c2000. I opened the developer to find out that the toner on one side of the cilinder looked like it melted. When I removed the doctor blade the strip on the underside was pushed away on that particular side.

Premier symptomes?

kyoceradude
03-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Ahum, I had a broken developer this week, The developer was totally stuck, result c2000. I opened the developer to find out that the toner on one side of the cilinder looked like it melted. When I removed the doctor blade the strip on the underside was pushed away on that particular side.

Premier symptomes?

One thing that is very important on these machines (falcon 1 and 2). Make sure you check and clean the filters on every service call. One filter is located in the bypass unit (on top). The second filter you need to remove the lower right cover. It is located on the right side. If the filters are clogged the machine will not pull in cool air to help cool the dv and drum units causing lots of copy quality problems. ie: toner sticking to mag roller and doctor blade. Also dv units have been modified more than once. Part number should end with at least 15 for the newest version.

Duke
03-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I will not use Katun toner in the new machines at all, to many quality problems. The older machines seem to handle it okay if you change the developer to katun as well....Duke

troyboy
03-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Just wait until your developing units start to fail after about 250-300k. Not every one of them will fail but you will have some issues. Katun makes a great fuser roller and an OK feed tire but the charge/bias/toner/laser/drum setup on the current equipment from all the manufactures are just too sensitive to start messing around with. If you think the savings are that big go for it but please don't forget to factor in a bunch of future CQ calls and the cost of finding new customers after they buy their next machine from someone else.

Use the aftermarket shit in your old analogs but don't get too greedy and end up paying more in the long run.

thanks for your concern and input. but i'll take my chances.

SPAWN
03-06-2007, 01:05 AM
has anyone tried the Katun toner for the KM-2530, KM-3530, KM-4030 from Katun? any recommendations?

Looks like the copies come out light sometimes all black, the reason? the developer magnet roller gets damage for light copies and the main charger grid get clogged with toner and caused the black copies at the end the customer has to replace DV, Drum, transfer and main charger.

For me is not good enough. Good luck if you try it.

texchar555
09-15-2007, 04:14 AM
Only use km toner. If you use something else you will void the warranty on the whole machine. I just finished the class and they said it. we had a tech in our class and he mentioned it and the instructor told him all 40 machines have lost the warrenty . When you send in any parts drum,dev,fuser or anything else they will look at the test chart , before copy and after and then the machine report . they will see that a nother toner brand was used. It shows a code .

GottaFixEmAll
10-07-2007, 09:01 AM
The O.E.M toners are not built by the OEM's, but on contract with toner manufacturers ... the reason this is so hit and miss is that manufacturers buy the toner and developers from the same people ... thus the system is matched ! ... one can analyze the mix and attempt to match the original formulation ... but there are many variables ...

And the reason we attempt to use the lower cost supplies is that there is so little money in service ... The customer wants it all, and wants it for nothing ... Hmmhhh ?

Mike

Dukem
10-07-2007, 04:40 PM
I think we all know that for best results on these machines is to use OEM toner. If your getting that much pressure to increasing revenue (been there) just make sure the boss, owner or whoever your superior is knows the potential for loss. Not only eating the drum & dv units and man hours but the loss of customer satisfaction and confidence can cost a lot more when it comes time to replace, upgrade or add new equipment.

I worked for a company that always looked for a way to cut costs and started using katun, polek and other brands. When that became more important than customer service they lost more than just me.

It may make the bottom line look better right now to the bean counter types but is it worth it in the long run? Nope.

Custom Search