PDA

View Full Version : Problem in C 6501 How much amperage of Solenoid SD4 ADU ??

Custom Search

Andre Luis dos Santos
05-11-2016, 02:20 PM
How much is the amperage of the Paper exit solenoid (SD4), the C6501 machine?
I need to replace it and not have this information in the manual.
Thank you

Synthohol
05-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Nobody knows. Its a non published spec .
Do you have an old clutch? Sometimes ill plug in a clutch to a solenoid lead just to check if the voltage is switching.
Yes it will likely jam but at least you will know if its the board or the solenoid.

habik
05-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Check the board, most of ICPs have the amperage on them. I've replied to your request http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/109017-jamming-solenoid-sd4-minolta-c6501-2.html#post516280

blackcat4866
05-11-2016, 11:25 PM
First read the resistance off the component you are interested in.

Ohms law tells us that V=IR
If a make a WAG at 80Ω, then 24vdc=I*80 or I=0.3 amps

Personally, I test solenoids & clutches a little differently.
1) With the component unplugged, read the resistance across the two wires in ohms (Ω). Expect around 80Ω. If it's infinite you can stop right there. You have an open coil. If it's 0Ω, the coil of your component is shorted
2) With power Off, and component mounted to the frame and unplugged, read the resistance of either of the wires to the frame ground. It should be infinite. If it's not infinite, the coil is shorting to the frame.
3) With MFP power On and component not On, You should get 24vdc from either wire to frame ground, and 0 volts across the component. If you don't get the 24vdc you'll need to figure out where your supply voltage got lost.
4) With power On, you should get 24vdc across the component when the controller board signals it to On. If you don't get 24vdc even momentarily, you could have lost the connection for the ground signal, or the controller could be malfunctioning.

For the newbies: Most copiers use ground switching on 24vdc components like clutches, solenoids, fans, and small DC motors. That is to say, that 24vdc is continuously supplied to the component, and the ground is momentarily signaled by the controller board to activate the component. In case #1 or case #2, if your component is shorted across the coil or shorted to the frame, the circuit on the controller board is likely to be damaged, requiring a board replacement along with the affected component. In case #3 or #4, you may have a harness break somewhere, a disconnected connector, or a board problem (DC power supply or controller). Case #3 may be the most difficult to diagnose, since a 24vdc short elsewhere in the MFP, may be drawing down all the other components on the same 24v supply circuit.

Is that helpful? =^..^=

habik
05-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Thanks for serving it on silver plate :) I gave him the skimmed version.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Andre Luis dos Santos
05-12-2016, 09:05 PM
Through some test I could prove that the problem is ICP 8 T2000 , but do not own ICP equal to the exchange.Can I change a PCI T2500 ? I own this on another machine

blackcat4866
05-12-2016, 11:57 PM
I would think so. If we make the assumption that your component is drawing 300mA and it was fused with a 2000mA fuse, the difference to 2500mA should not be significant.

I would still test your component like I suggested, to make sure that you won't blow the new ICP. Do you think you can solder the ICP without heat damaging it? =^..^=

Andre Luis dos Santos
05-13-2016, 12:37 AM
I would think so. If we make the assumption that your component is drawing 300mA and it was fused with a 2000mA fuse, the difference to 2500mA should not be significant.

I would still test your component like I suggested, to make sure that you won't blow the new ICP. Do you think you can solder the ICP without heat damaging it? =^..^=

I tested the other board ICPS and all have the value " 1" in the multimeter , however ICP 8 has the value of " 143 " seems to be a problem. And the test voltage it does not pass or 8 Volts of power. Ja other solenoids receive 24 volts.I know a guy who makes repairs in cell plates , he always solder the components to me. I'll risk tomorrow

Custom Search