PDA

View Full Version : C224 fax forwarding

Custom Search

copier addict
05-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Hey all
I recently set up a KonMin C224 for scanning to email and fax forwarding to email. When I left after setup both were working properly. The next day I got a call saying the fax forwarding wasn't working. I went back and, sure enough, scan to email works but fax forwarding to the same email address does not work. The forwarding settings are correct. Has anyone ever had an issue like this? Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

Synthohol
05-17-2016, 02:16 PM
Normally if the file/fax cannot be forwarded for whatever reason it will print instead.
I would check the mailbox to make sure its not being seen as spam and all the passwords are correct.

copier addict
05-17-2016, 09:48 PM
Normally if the file/fax cannot be forwarded for whatever reason it will print instead.
I would check the mailbox to make sure its not being seen as spam and all the passwords are correct.

If it was unable to scan to the exact same email account as it is attempting to forward to I would agree with you, but scanning to email works fine.

Synthohol
05-17-2016, 10:28 PM
ok, just to narrow it down, can you setup a SMB folder and see if that works? if it does there may be something wonky with the SMTP server.
the reason i suggest that is when an email is sent direct from the copier the sender is listed as whomever is the logon setup for the SMTP server, im wondering if when a fax comes in the copier relays it to the SMTP server and if that relay has any other "footprint/header info" that the email server it goes into the spam folder instead.
has anyone checked the spam/junk folders for the faxes that did not go to the inbox? or did they simply print out because they couldnt be relayed?
also did you turn on scanning error display to get the code of the failed forwards? maybe we can trace it that way?

the fax forwarding tab is still visible after a failure? if not all i got from SSD is...
"
SOLUTION: The Forward TX Setting tab will not be displayed if any of the following settings are enabled:

PC-FAX RX Setting

Memory RX

TSI User Box Setting

To check these settings, please perform the following:
1. Enter the Administrator mode.
2. Select Fax Settings.
3. Select Function Settings.
4. Select PC-Fax RX Setting, Memory RX setting, and TSI User Box Settings. All must be set to "No" or "Restrict."

hope that helps.

shadow038
05-22-2016, 09:14 PM
Check the job log and confirm it is actually being sent or failing through the machines].

Confirm the one touch set up for fax forward is the same one touch you are sending scan to email tests.

Ensure fax file format is the same on scan to email as fax forward.

copier addict
05-23-2016, 12:36 AM
I am beginning to think the machine is "wonky". I went back Thursday and scan to email wasn't working at all. I even tested with our own email settings and nothing. Finally I set up smtp settings using the email server's IP address instead of host, and that worked. Then Friday they said the TX report wouldn't print in the morning but started printing in the afternoon. Not sure what is going on.

Custom Search