PDA

View Full Version : Error Code SC1144

Custom Search

acusso1234
05-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Hi all.
I have a C 454 with FS 534. It has stopped showing SC 1144.
I've disconnected the finisher to let the machine working.
I'm asking here what's the most probably part that is causing this, as I've never experienced this code before.
Manual suggests M9 and FSCB.
Thanks in advance
Aldo

copyrooks
05-18-2016, 10:07 PM
had another tech bring this problem for in shop repairs. We found out the ejector unit had a gear that was broken. We still are waiting on a new ejector unit assy to see if that fixed the problem.

acusso1234
05-18-2016, 10:16 PM
had another tech bring this problem for in shop repairs. We found out the ejector unit had a gear that was broken. We still are waiting on a new ejector unit assy to see if that fixed the problem.

Customer reported about a noise and than the code.
Maybe searching a broken gear is a good starting point.
Thank you, copyrooks.

B0265
05-19-2016, 07:50 AM
Check also the encoder disk for M9.

Eresources
05-19-2016, 08:06 AM
Also check finisher exit where the paper usually sits for stapling. There's a black flap that is supposed to help hold the paper down a bit. I've had it flip the wrong way and it jams and makes a noise when trying to eject the paper. I'll get a photo if you need it.

CompyTech
05-19-2016, 09:34 PM

I have replaced the ejector unit for the broken gear. That was the second one we replaced, and I do not remember the code we got either. I do know it makes for a fun time to replace the part.

pez
01-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Hi, sorry to raise an old thread, but I've got to replace my first ejector unit shortly due to a broken gear/pulley, and was wondering just how much I need to remove in order to get at the current one. Is there a disassembly guide, or is it a case of working back through the exploded diagrams in the parts manual?

femaster
01-22-2023, 12:37 AM
Honestly, it's almost better to just replace the whole finisher. I pulled a working ejector unit out of a used finisher we were going to scrap just the other day so I'd have one on hand. I wasn't exactly "nice" to the parts I wasn't interested in because I knew I didn't have to put back together, and it was still a major PiA getting it out. I wouldn't wish removing and reinstalling one on anybody, ever!

Custom Search