PDA

View Full Version : Strange artifacts on page when copy or scan C258

Custom Search

wseyller
05-19-2016, 05:29 PM
C258 with firmware at latest.

See attached picture. I blacked out sensitive info but the square artifact in this case in cyan color. Other colors have been seen. If doing black only the patch will be black.

Has been happening for a few weeks since customer got copier but doesn't happen very often.

Originally it was only seen when making copies. Was never seen on scans or when printing from driver.

When testing internal pages I could never duplicate it. I did reproduce it once when making a copy.

I intialized the copier and set it back up from scratch per the setup instructions.

Since doing that the issue is now seen during scan but so far not copies or prints.

Going to open a ticket with KMBS on monday but wondering if anyone seen this before.

Synthohol
05-19-2016, 05:44 PM
Looks like a corona grid to me but that would not be seen in a scan.
Weird. Please let us know what ssd says!

allan
05-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Seems you have microbial fungus growing somewhere in the machine.
I suggest using pesticide.

CopierTechofOmens
05-19-2016, 08:03 PM
If it was only on copies I would say Its probably the transfer not cleaning itself off and leaving the adjustment chevrons on the belt

allan
05-19-2016, 08:21 PM
If you never found any prints. It should be a image read problem?

copyrooks
05-19-2016, 09:07 PM
Does it happen on both adf slit glass and other side of the glass ?

wseyller
05-19-2016, 11:15 PM
Only for sure is single sided thru adf with dual scan adf installed. Customer doesn't use platen glass or two sided enough to know if it happens in those situations. It is hard to catch it. It happened to me only ever once.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
05-20-2016, 12:14 AM
I'd personally be trying a new mfp board, but I understand you not wanting to jump to that immediately due to the horrendous cost. It does look like image data corruption / memory.

wseyller
05-23-2016, 08:21 PM
KMBS thinks it is image processing issue.

This one has extra ram. They say try new ram, then mfp and HDD.

My manager said to just replace it all. Doesn't happen often so have to play the waiting game to see if it fixes it.

rrrohan
05-24-2016, 01:33 PM
I've had similar on 452 and RAM was the issue.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

wseyller
05-24-2016, 10:10 PM
I have a I have replaced the mfp board, HDD and extra ram. Who knows when or if the issue will return

Iowatech
05-25-2016, 01:21 AM
For what it is worth, that looks a little like what Ricoh calls a process control pattern, something the machine does to make sure the colors line up and have adequate density.
So the part that cleans whatever KM calls the intermediate transfer belt (Ricoh) or electrostatic transfer belt (HP) may need additional attention.
Or I could be totally wrong and this is a useless waste of time. I only worked on analog Konicas. Sorry.
Although Konica was using toner patch based internal adjustments even back in those days, which I thought was rather fascinating at the time.

wseyller
05-25-2016, 06:30 PM
For what it is worth, that looks a little like what Ricoh calls a process control pattern, something the machine does to make sure the colors line up and have adequate density.
So the part that cleans whatever KM calls the intermediate transfer belt (Ricoh) or electrostatic transfer belt (HP) may need additional attention.
Or I could be totally wrong and this is a useless waste of time. I only worked on analog Konicas. Sorry.
Although Konica was using toner patch based internal adjustments even back in those days, which I thought was rather fascinating at the time.
It happened with scanning too so nothing to do with transfer belt.

Iowatech
05-26-2016, 04:05 AM
It happened with scanning too so nothing to do with transfer belt.

Rats, I missed that part, sorry about that.

Custom Search