PDA

View Full Version : Help with Di 2510

Custom Search

copycommerce
06-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Hello,
Recently we bought a few machines from Di 2510 series.One of them was suspoused to have a print controller.The machines are second hand but thats not a problem for us.
The machine that have the Pi 3505 doesn't recognize the controller.When we put the LAN cable in it lightes red.The controller board looks fine,all the cables are conected properly.The lower board haves slots for 2 more little boards (one of my collegues says that they are the ROM drives that tells the machines that there is controller,but we ain't sure).Can someone confirm that thiese two boards are needed so we can write on our diller?

Rudi
06-30-2008, 03:19 PM
as far as i can remeber one slot is for the print controller and the other for scanning printing with only the network card wont work.

copycommerce
06-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I just found before a hour a presentation of Di 2510 and it show where exacly is this card oO.Anyway ty.

ni311
06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
The print controller board with DI2510 is not an option. From what I know, the network scanning is optionally, so you should have the print controller by default. Try to give an IP address, ping it, check the cables and so on.

copycommerce
06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Di 5510 and Di 7210 have an LAN,LPT,USB,COM ports and believe that is not a printer its a smart diagnostic tool :D The same is with the Di 2510 it does have the board but the print controller Pi 3505e/PS is a option, my problem was that i have the controller but i dont have the ROM/RAM drive(one small **** card) which is placed on the main board where u plug all the options...

mitchl
06-30-2008, 06:43 PM
There are 2 slots for memory on the MFB board CN-4 is for the print memory and CN-5 is for scan memory or the I-fax chip. The memory cards (chips) are what allow the system to function as a printer and network scanner and it will not do either operation without them.

Rudi
07-02-2008, 06:39 PM
I Think You Are Getting Confused With The Nc-4 (network Card) And The Pi 3505 Wich Is Actually The Small Card You Are Reffering To , The Nc-4 Is Also An Option On This Model.

mitchl
07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Yes the clan card is an option along with the print and scan memory, the clan and the print memory are needed to print and of course the scan chip is needed to scan or the I-fax memory is needed for the advanced functions........................... To go one step further if they are using the PS/PCL print memory it uses its own firmware version which is different than the PCL only firmware.

Custom Search