PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub C220 fax issues

Custom Search

acsolutions
05-23-2016, 11:10 PM
Hello, when I enter a number and I have it off the hook I can hear the dial tone but that's it, constant tone while dialing! There is never a ring and the call fails! I have replaced the fax unit, riser board, and main control board. Fax is set for fax1 in service mode the market area is set to u.s. I went through initialize the fax. I also swapped phone line and machine is currently running on another fax machine! I think I covered almost everything and one of the other techs. Upgraded firmware after it stopped working!

Synthohol
05-23-2016, 11:22 PM
what i've done is unset fax 1, shut off, disconnect the 2 cables from the fax and boot up. shut down and install from scratch by the book.
you can try a system error clear in initialization in tech rep and see if that helps first.
good luck or a bad fax.
just to ask, does it answer a fax?

acsolutions
05-24-2016, 07:39 AM
what i've done is unset fax 1, shut off, disconnect the 2 cables from the fax and boot up. shut down and install from scratch by the book.
you can try a system error clear in initialization in tech rep and see if that helps first.
good luck or a bad fax.
just to ask, does it answer a fax?

I have tried 3 fax units and two riser boards I have initialized all 3 boards. Good question I didn't see if it received but other tech said no! I pretty much started from scratch every time I changed boards! I was thinking about mv Ram. What do you think?

Hansoon
05-24-2016, 08:01 AM
I had it once. Had to do a machine reset: Service Mode>System1>Initialization. Than do the complete set up procedure first without the fax board installed and than a renew install of the fax board following exact the procedures as in the Install Guide for the MK-720/FK508 Fax Kit.

Hans

EarthKmTech
05-24-2016, 10:34 AM
I've had to do an NVRAM initialise to correct a misbehaving fax on this series before, nothing else worked, including full initialization.

My symptoms were that it failed sending before even attempting or picking up the line.

emujo
05-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Any chance you have the fax admin settings programmed for "pulse" (old rotary phone) instead of tone? Also, I have seen this symptom on an old DSL line without the proper filter installed. Emujo

mo0651
05-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Do you have a test phone to hook up to the telephone port?? If you can dial using that then it seems to be the dialing control on a board. Probably the MFB. Have you changed the mount kit board that the fax board plugs in to??

Custom Search