PDA

View Full Version : MAGENTA out of focus

Custom Search

photocopier.technician
05-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Hello

I am having an issue with a bizhub C224e, the magenta is out of focus. The machine was working correctly yesterday and suddenly today morning the client had this issue.I tried :

1. Trouble reset
2. In service mode print head skew adj > reset

The problem is still not solved. I noticed that the machine does a strange noise during the reset. Is it normal ? I attached a photo to get a better idea of the problem.

emujo
05-24-2016, 01:44 PM
The noise is normal when performing skew adjustment, in fact you should be hearing the noise at least 3 times (not sure if the K PH has the skew motor). Are you cycling power after the skew adjustment? I would go with a new print head, as this is pretty bad. Emujo

imihm
05-24-2016, 01:44 PM
Hello

I am having an issue with a bizhub C224e, the magenta is out of focus. The machine was working correctly yesterday and suddenly today morning the client had this issue.I tried :

1. Trouble reset
2. In service mode print head skew adj > reset

The problem is still not solved. I noticed that the machine does a strange noise during the reset. Is it normal ? I attached a photo to get a better idea of the problem.

Hi there...
It seems you have color misregistration on all ,try to run stabilization then check magenta pcu...
Thanks

encorelaser@comcast.net
05-24-2016, 02:00 PM
Hi, I had a similar issue on an HP CLJ 4700. Tech support suggested a new magenta lsu but it ended up being the ITB. Good luck, hope that helps.

photocopier.technician
05-24-2016, 03:50 PM
Thanks for replies

Yes emujo i restarted the machine after the reset. I also think i will have to test with another printhead.
imihm i did stabilisation also but problem not solved.What do you mean by pcu ?
encorelaser@comcast.net Can de the ITB ( Intermediate Transfer Belt ), i will give that a try

photocopier.technician
05-25-2016, 07:15 PM
Hello

To my opinion also i think its a print head issue. I removed a print head assembly from a machine we have in our workshop to test in the faulty machine but to may big surprise the flat connector is not the same. They are both biz hub C224e. The faulty machine's connector has less pins and the machine in our workshop has more pins. Its very strange.

As for the transfer belt i gave it a try but not solved problem.

imihm what pcu ?

kingarthur
05-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Just had a similar problem on a C284e, went into tech rep, imaging process adjustment,stabilizer, initialize & image stabilization, then ran gradation process afterwards

habik
05-26-2016, 09:59 PM
if push comes to shaft, print list output and highlight the current values, then start going manually up on magenta lets say 200, then again 200.....as this is doing steps not the actual limit. between each do stabilisation and do print test after. See how it moves, if it doesn't open th PH unit and check the mechanism.

photocopier.technician
05-27-2016, 05:41 AM
Hello habik

Thanks for reply

1. can you please explain ''if push comes to shaft''.
2. I did in service mode print head skew adj > reset. But i dont know in which menu in service mode i can change the values manually for the laser.
3. i already open th PH unit and check the mechanism : everything seem to be ok

jamaicapepe
11-19-2017, 03:06 PM
Hello habik

Thanks for reply

1. can you please explain ''if push comes to shaft''.
2. I did in service mode print head skew adj > reset. But i dont know in which menu in service mode i can change the values manually for the laser.
3. i already open th PH unit and check the mechanism : everything seem to be ok

Hello my friend!

It seems that i have the same problem in a C224E. Have you found a solution to this?

Best Regards,
Sakis

Woxner
11-19-2017, 05:38 PM
have you cleaned the registration sensors for image the do an inialize and reset then gradation. i have ony ever had to do a skew adjustment and that was on a c652 once. if the others fail then it might be laser units or printheads which ever do desire to call it. start with the easy stuff first.

Zesti
11-20-2017, 01:30 PM
How you tried Print head skew reset?

lilleputte
11-20-2017, 02:53 PM
Do you have any oil mark (warning) at the upper right area of the basic screen ?

jamaicapepe
11-23-2017, 01:09 PM
have you cleaned the registration sensors for image the do an inialize and reset then gradation. i have ony ever had to do a skew adjustment and that was on a c652 once. if the others fail then it might be laser units or printheads which ever do desire to call it. start with the easy stuff first.

Thenx for the advice. Do you know where can i find the registration sensors?

jamaicapepe
11-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Do you have any oil mark (warning) at the upper right area of the basic screen ?

Just noticed it! Yes! It says P-21 error.

AjitN
11-26-2017, 03:12 PM
Just noticed it! Yes! It says P-21 error.

P21 is either stabilization problem OR Color Registration Problem. Please try following

Replaced Drum, Developer Or ITB Unit ( known working Used one will do, Just for trial & eliminating problem Cause).
If this fails, only option is to replaced PH unit. If I understand correctly there are two issues in this case one is skew adjustment and another is Magenta shift. Normally registration can be corrected as well as skew as there are 4 Drum units. But when bot are presents mostly it is PH unit or Board.
Hope this helps

Custom Search