PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Cannot remove old version of Pagescope and "Device Set-Up"

Custom Search

anovatech
05-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Hi everybody.

I have a PC that we use to manage many aspects of the company and one of which is the Pagescope software to allow for quickly checking the status/managing multiple Konica Minolta machines (C360, C364, C35, C650, etc).

I wanted to update the software to the latest version (the one we have installed I believe was put there in 2013 or 2014 or so and has since had several newer versions to replace it).

Attempting to install the newest version flat out causes it to prompt for uninstalling. When trying to uninstall the older version either through the new version's uninstaller or through the normal uninstaller it asks for the specific MSI file used to install it to begin with. Sadly I do not have access to this msi file and have no way of determining the real version.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

peter42
05-24-2016, 10:00 PM
Normaly a new installation of PageScope removes itselves the old version and keeps information of all machines.
Then it installs itselfs new and reorganizised the old machins data.
You have to start it with Masterinstaller from Root of Disk, starting the PageScope-Installer from subdirectory will mostly fail.

Log Disk in, start the Minolta menu, select Utilitys and than Pagescope admin, it will do all the remove and new installation in one "long" step.(10 min. on 2GPentium)
If this not works, your in trouble with your PC, you have to grade it up or reinstall pc.

Greetings Peter

Custom Search