PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c351 touchscreen issue or not?

Custom Search

TurkeyKiller
05-25-2016, 03:39 AM
Howdy folks,

Picked up a c351 recently with a non-responding touch screen and need a bit of help to determine next step. This machine does not have a finisher. Have all user manuals, but no service manual.

So far:

1. Calibrate screen - no response.
2. Pull panel pull ribbon cables and reset - seems to get response only at one spot near middle of screen.
3. No error codes showing, but was able to do error reset as the one spot working on screen was in right place.
4. Restart - able to get inconsistent tone response on various parts of screen but display shows as if contacting only that one spot near the middle.
5. Open panel and completely disassemble and clean(lots of dust around edges of touchscreen, buttons and SS "ring" - boards were clean). Cleaned the SS "ring" (very dirty). Pull all ribbons and clean contacts(non gold contacts were dirty)
6. No change, still various and intermittent and only responding to one spot in screen. Sometimes no response at all.

Machine is relegated to printer duty now and works fine for that.

At no point was I able to get calibration screen to work. At one point it would let me set one corner on the first screen and nothing more. Then I would immediately start again(repeatedly) and it would allow me to set any corner, but only one and then nothing. I've tried to be as detailed as possible describing the problem. Glad to answer any other questions.

The question: Am I to replace just the touchscreen or are the boards suspect as well or should I be looking somewhere else entirely?

Please advise.

Adam.

copyman
05-25-2016, 04:28 AM
Replace the touch panel. You can buy just the touch glass from many aftermarket sellers. Around $50 USD

TurkeyKiller
05-25-2016, 05:27 AM
Thanks for that copyman. Are they all pretty much coming out of the same Chinese factory or is there one that stands out as having more longevity than the others?

copyman
05-25-2016, 01:31 PM
The aftermarket touch screens seem good no matter where you get them. Usually last the rest of life of copier.

Custom Search