PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c364e upgrade kits

Custom Search

dc-master
05-25-2016, 07:59 AM
dear friends,
Recently I've been offered with some upgrade kits, UK 204 and UK 208, for my bizhub c364e.
This created couple of questions:
- In UK 204 (which provides a 2GB DDR3 RAM with I/O bus clock 800MHz) is there a difference between this RAM and a RAM for PC with the same specs?
- What exactly UK 208 does? Is it a built-in wi-fi network card?
+ If yes, what controls does it provide?

thanks in advance.

Synthohol
05-25-2016, 11:50 AM
In UK 204 (which provides a 2GB DDR3 RAM with I/O bus clock 800MHz) is there a difference between this RAM and a RAM for PC with the same specs?
the UK-204 is specifically designed and programmed for Bizhub copiers.

What exactly UK 208 does? Is it a built-in wi-fi network card?
that's exactly what it is. FWIW a universal WiFi adapter for like a smart TV works the same way for less money and no memory upgrade needed.

If yes, what controls does it provide?
printing from your cell phone/tablet or wireless computer without the use of an access point.

CompyTech
05-25-2016, 02:12 PM
Usually the Upgrade Kits are for the iOptions.. The RAM upgrade is to allow you to load the web browser to install Bizhub Marketplace. The other kit you mentioned is a Bluetooth kit I believe.

Depending on your firmware level of the MFP, Airprint is supported, also if you have an Android phone there's an app called Mopria that allows you to do similar function of Airprint on Android devices.

copier addict
05-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Usually the Upgrade Kits are for the iOptions.. The RAM upgrade is to allow you to load the web browser to install Bizhub Marketplace. The other kit you mentioned is a Bluetooth kit I believe.

Depending on your firmware level of the MFP, Airprint is supported, also if you have an Android phone there's an app called Mopria that allows you to do similar function of Airprint on Android devices.

Pagescope mobile is better than either of these apps

CompyTech
05-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Pagescope mobile is better than either of these apps

I've used it, and it works. But In my experience I found that PS mobile works great on iOS and does not work well on Android, granted I only ever used it on Samsung devices and it never worked right. It worked great on my Nexus 7, but then again when I see Android devices out in the field, 90 percent of them are Samsung.

Custom Search