PDA

View Full Version : 554e with FS534 continuously runs

Custom Search

splblazer91
05-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Tech was gettin a C code related to punch. Ended up having to replace MFP Board and Finisher Board to get it to go away. Now when he runs a job the finisher continues to run after the last page exits until it is interrupted by opening of a cover. Im headed out tomorrow to look at it. Any thoughts?

blackcat4866
05-25-2016, 11:10 PM
Did you do any of the adjustments associated with changing out the finisher board? Typically there are stapler registration adjustments, sensor sensitivity adjustments, etc... all detailed in the manual in the section about replacing boards. Also make sure that the firmware is at the same level as the rest of the MFP. Incompatible levels of firmware can cause very strange issues. It's good policy to upgrade firmware any time any board is changed. =^..^=

wseyller
05-26-2016, 02:25 AM
I have also seen new finisher control board not work at all (multiple sensors showing wrong state) until firmware update. The ones they send you may have old firmware level.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

splblazer91
05-27-2016, 02:31 AM
Firmware fixed the continuous run problem. Still getting a c-1132 code. I stripped the punch unit down to the actual punches and they are faulty. This is a new punch unit as well. The holes werent cut properly and they get in a bind. New punch is ordered.

Custom Search