PDA

View Full Version : C224 - c364 fuser noises

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
05-25-2016, 11:36 PM
Just interested to know,

now that you can buy individual parts to fix squeaks in the 554,654 & 754 fusing units - has anyone ever been able to fix the bearing knock noise from the smaller fusers as they age? They are on to the 9th revision now but have never addressed this....

If its a fuser roller bearing I'll just continue to change the whole fuser. If its something else easy to change I can carry in my tool bag like the larger machines, It will save me having to walk back to the car :cool:

habik
05-26-2016, 06:43 AM
Do you get 600k out of it before the knocking starts? I have just replaced one yesterday due to worn rear side of belt marking top edge of A3 on halftones. When slowly turning gradual tension builds ending with knock (snap noise). When time allows will examine and let you know.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
05-26-2016, 09:31 AM
I changed one yesterday on a C224 that had never had a single call in its life - it was at 120k and the only complaint was the knock.

I am surprised too, because it still had the ultra buggy initial release firmware on it too.

Oh, and a customer mentioned today, WOW you've gained a lot of weight since I saw you last. I think I will continue walking back to the car ;)

Synthohol
05-26-2016, 03:16 PM
The bulletin is old but all the sounds are still the same.
I. Hope this helos some identify the noise correctly to help save money from parts unnecessarily replaced

EarthKmTech
05-27-2016, 03:20 AM
Just had another one. Knocking at 64k total count.

Pulled fuser apart, bearings for belt pressure roller and pressure roller all have the grease boiled out of them. There are 4, part number A00V240600 ball bearing.

If the main large belt bearings have failed forget it, excessive disassembly required.

Changing these 4 is not exactly easy but its not rocket science either. Probably best repaired in a workshop.

KCCI
08-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Noticed a knocking noise coming from the fuser during warmup. After much investigation I found the culprit. I removed the pressure roller and found the short shaft had play in it. Took a hammer and pounded it back into the roller...problem solved! Put a large socket over it before you pound it. Don't want to damage the shaft!

blackcat4866
08-01-2019, 11:58 PM
#6 is the only one that I try for. The cleaning roller bushings and bearings tear themselves up. It's really easy to diagnose: squealing, and the pile of rust dumping from either end from the fuser. If you catch it in time you can change the bushings and bearings. Quite often though the shaft is so worn down that it can't be used. =^..^=

copyman
08-02-2019, 03:33 AM
There have been a few bulletins for fuser noises in the 4 series. One I recall was a simple adjustment. Not sure if this has been posted already. If not I'll see if I can find the bulletin.

No way I'm replacing a fuser with 64k on it if it's the "very common" knocking noise I've heard a 1,000 times! The noise I'm talking about is when machine is idle.

I have changed some settings to make fuser stop turning sooner after last page exits. Not sure if it was something with the energy save/sleep mode settings. It's in the service manual.

Custom Search