PDA

View Full Version : KM 423 Jam Code 30-01

Custom Search

copierwhisper
05-26-2016, 12:19 AM
I have a KM 423 with frequent/intermittent jamming problem (every 10-100 pages)
The jam is J 30-01 the paper jams in exactly the same place every time but my problem seems to be deeper than the usually issues.

Each time the jam happens only from Tray One A4 (portrait orientation) and no other way,
Every time the jam happens I clear the paper and it tells me to re-size my paper in tray one (checked all machine/paper settings they are all correct)
when the paper is re-sized the job runs again but jams almost immediately and will continue to do this until the orientation of the paper is changed or the tray is switched.

now here is the bit i am getting stuck with, the parts i have changed on this machine are as follows:
Tray 1 and 2, Feed unit 1 and 2, The PRCB, Exit Section, Fixing Unit, Drum/Dev Unit, Entire Duplex Section, Main Motor (M1), CL1 and the Entire Tray 1 and 2 Drive Assembly's (including both the paper size detection assembly's)

I have also updated the Firmware but still no change.

Synthohol
05-26-2016, 12:40 AM
one of our guys has the same EXACT issue.
the DSM is supposed to come look at it. ill post his findings if you dont find a solution by the time he arrives.

BR549
05-26-2016, 01:40 AM
Is your paper A4 or letter? I thought A4 was not available in the US. If it's letter, it should say letter, not A4.

Synthohol
05-26-2016, 02:41 AM
i have a few accounts that use A4, they receive files and faxes from overseas.
not totally unheard of thats why i didnt question it :)

D_L_P
05-26-2016, 10:50 PM
I once fought a J30-01 on a 423 with very similar symptoms. Turned out to be removing all the wire ties behind this cover:

It was a fairly new machine ~50,000. I had replaced the fuser, feed rollers, exit unit, etc. What lead me to the wire tie was disconnecting that harness (and manually catching every page as it came out) allowed me to run +1000 without any jams. Plugged it back in and got 1 jam every 100 copies or so. GL

habik
05-26-2016, 11:16 PM
I once fought a J30-01 on a 423 with very similar symptoms. Turned out to be removing all the wire ties behind this cover:

It was a fairly new machine ~50,000. I had replaced the fuser, feed rollers, exit unit, etc. What lead me to the wire tie was disconnecting that harness (and manually catching every page as it came out) allowed me to run +1000 without any jams. Plugged it back in and got 1 jam every 100 copies or so. GL

Nice catch! Thank you for sharing.

copierwhisper
05-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I will take look at the wire harness today! Any additional thoughts are welcome, this is a weird problem for sure!

Synthohol
05-27-2016, 09:43 PM
DSM suggested the paper size sensor board and the 1 spring that is missing on the clear guide to start.

allan
05-27-2016, 11:41 PM
Same problem drove me insane. Fixed it with out knowing the cause. I will have a look at the wire ties next time, thanks.

copierwhisper
06-01-2016, 07:42 PM
I replaced the paper size senor board and ensured both springs are secured on the clear guide- same problem....no change.

Synthohol
06-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Ok well I have good news at least for mine and I hope it fixes yours...
The feed units on the 423 have a unique paper feed sensor not found in the slower mod3ls.
Someone swapped the tray 1 feed assy from a 363 which does NOT have the apecial sensor built on.
Even the harness is missing the 3 wires.
If you replaced the feed unit from any other model than a 423 this code will appear when running portrait only
Hope this helps as it will fix our issue on this one after replacing half the damn machine and electronics.
Good luck.

Hansoon
06-11-2016, 07:06 AM
Lots of thanks for that interesting info. Parts manual page 13 positions 8,9,27 show the difference. Never realized that, thx again.

Hans

copierwhisper
06-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Synthohol nailed it! THANK YOU for posting your latest findings, my issue was resolved after reading your post! I ordered a new tray one paper feed assy. for the 423 and installed- no jams 1000 pages! This was a totally thorn in my side, thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences! I didn't realize that although the unit appear to be compatible the 423 has an additional sensor.

Part # A1UDR72211 bizhub 423 Tray 1 Feed Unit

Dwayne_Itec
08-24-2021, 11:05 AM

I tried to do what he said but was unsuccessful, it did not work for me. However i did find that the exit unit rollers are the cause. In my case the machine would make roughly between 10-50 copies and jam. Replaced exit unit and the drive for the exit unit. No jamming reported further. Hope this comment might help someone solve his problems faster in the future

REGSIS
08-25-2021, 08:02 AM
I tried to do what he said but was unsuccessful, it did not work for me. However i did find that the exit unit rollers are the cause. In my case the machine would make roughly between 10-50 copies and jam. Replaced exit unit and the drive for the exit unit. No jamming reported further. Hope this comment might help someone solve his problems faster in the future

If that doesn't last, try the simpliest silution:
Replace registration clutch, blow out the sensor amd check the spring on actuator.
Clutch always solve 30-01 on 3 series in my case.

Custom Search