PDA

View Full Version : Really

Custom Search

allan
05-26-2016, 07:31 AM
What is the dumbest things your company has tried to impose on you?

There is GPS tracking.
Funny working hours mostly driving with no overtime - Being well payed fixes that.
Unfair insensitive were working harder does not make sense.

And the thing i lost my temper about yesterday.
A refurbish check list on the back of the job cards that would take 2 hours to complete per customer.
For and appy its good practice in a sizable company.
But we are only 2 techs.

You cant put something on a job card if its not going to be used otherwise the customer gets the idea that you are not doing your job.

Really got me pissed off.

EarthKmTech
05-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Is this like a minimum onsite procedure ?

I've always viewed that as advisory with most items simply being a visual check. My machines run without issue and my customers are very pleased. If I don't see the point in doing something or its not going to benefit the customer, I'm not going to do it. End of story.

In a large company like the one I work for its pretty much mandatory so the the few techs that are otherwise useless (and I'm being generous here) perform a job that wont make followup techs such as myself as furious as they once were. Bringing this in has made a difference for us.

But for 2 techs, WTF.

subaro
05-26-2016, 12:46 PM
A refurbish check list on the back of the job cards that would take 2 hours to complete per customer.
For and appy its good practice in a sizable company.
But we are only 2 techs.

Hey Allan, could you show a couple of those things on the list. I agree if a new roll out is being done, then things like pre setup instructions might be added to a normal new out of the box setup as to mutual contract agreements. But in a normal rebuild, a shop has to have confidence in the techs to do a proper job, or it will reflect in the call backs. A check list is not a bad thing, but i can't see it taking more than 10-15 mins or quiet less, to be on the safe side, so to speak.
Onsite check list can turn out to be a nightmare and expensive if a tech wants to be .....

vincent64
05-26-2016, 12:53 PM
I used to work for a company that did that to us, made several leave, myself being one of them, GPS, total call check list, BEI program, all lead to a less friendly place to work, and they had us working on everything under the sun, most strange to some of us.
Now I work for a company a bit smaller, just 4 of us, 2 office, 2 techs, and it seems to be a lot better, we have good days and bad days, but it all works out.
But when your trying to get a machine up and running at 4:30 on a Fri. afternoon, so the local church can print there bulletins for the weekend, I tend not to check everything, don't always work out, and may end up going back the next week, but sometimes your the hero of the day.
I don't like being micro-managed, or being tracked, I check in with the office when running calls, but my office knows where I am going also.

Synthohol
05-26-2016, 02:52 PM
We have gps and BEI I understand however I dont care about the BEI program, most guys are afraid to replace parts because it can lower their bonus
I just order and replace what I think it needs to last 6 months. Thats how I look at it ao if I give a total service call the parts cost is negated by the clicks I get.
I usually earn 150-250 in bei bonus a month. Id gladly give it away if I can get other techs to treat the machines the same way so I dont push a broom after them.

Custom Search