PDA

View Full Version : konica press C1085 error code c-2721

Custom Search

BOTOY
05-28-2016, 05:35 PM
hi everybody,

C1085 machine display error code c-2107. Machine is new, only one month since installed and counter is about 73000.
Before code displayed, we have many problem on this machine since installed like fiery ic 308 stopping printing and display error operation. It also always display 100% toner cartridge level. Also registration is very bad on this machine more than 3mm and it variating when printing.

Tech say that error code is for tht need to be replaced and for other error they have no solution for know.

Finally i think it's worst machine i ever bought and i have no money to buy another one.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mick01
05-30-2016, 01:56 AM
I will try and respond to your numerous concerns.
C1085 machine display error code c-2107. Machine is new, only one month since installed and counter is about 73000.
C-2107 - No such code exists? Are you sure that is the correct code? C-2721 relates to most likely a faulty power supply. I assume that is what the technician is going to replace.
Before code displayed, we have many problem on this machine since installed like fiery ic 308 stopping printing and display error operation.
Check connection between fiery and machine. does it error with all files or certain files?
It also always display 100% toner cartridge level.
Is this on the machine screen or Command workstation? It is specification if you are referring to Command workstation
Also registration is very bad on this machine more than 3mm and it variating when printing.
This should be able to be adjusted to within 1mm. What adjustments are you trying to get this better?
Tech say that error code is for tht need to be replaced and for other error they have no solution for know.
I assume this is referring to the problem code?

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues. This machine is a great model. i hope all these teething issues can be resolved by your technician.

DigiMan
05-30-2016, 10:55 AM
Had a similar code on a brand new c8000.
A fuse kept blowing in one of the boards(cant remember which),replacing it didnt work as it kept blowing it.
Shorting in(which i really dont advice)rectified it.C8000 is a douchebag,1085 as far as i've heard is a pretty good
model.Any way as Mick said you need to provide some more information about your issues.

BOTOY
05-30-2016, 11:26 AM
C-2107 - No such code exists? Are you sure that is the correct code? C-2721 relates to most likely a faulty power supply. I assume that is what the technician is going to replace.
Sorry, error code is 2721 and not 2107. They trying today to repare power supply.
Before code displayed, we have many problem on this machine since installed like fiery ic 308 stopping printing and display error operation.
Check connection between fiery and machine. does it error with all files or certain files?
Error operation appear every 16 sheet on light weight paper like 80g offset paper to 170g coated paper and when we try to cut printed sheet registration is very bad in both side and it's variating in each sheet.
On 350g or 300g, it work just error operation appear in long print more than 250 sheet and not every time, most of time it not appear on 350g.
Tech try to reinstall fiery but no result. They say they will come with internal fiery to test if it work.
It also always display 100% toner cartridge level.
Is this on the machine screen or Command workstation? It is specification if you are referring to Command workstation
In command workstation always 100% toner level. In machine screen toner button become red when it is empty.
Also registration is very bad on this machine more than 3mm and it variating when printing.
This should be able to be adjusted to within 1mm. What adjustments are you trying to get this better?
We try to adjust registration on fiery and machine screen, but is is not possible because when we print registration sheet two time it is not the same registration on both of them for exemple one time it's about 2mm on right corner and the second sheet is about 3mm or more without changing any thing.
So registration is variating on each sheet.
I assume this is referring to the problem code? yes

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues. This machine is a great model. i hope all these teething issues can be resolved by your technician.
I bought this machine because many printer say it's very good machine. But know my problem that is tech can't fix problem for more than a month and they seem don't know how to fix it.
I can't print any thing know so it's not easy for me.

They also say it's the first time they install fiery IC308 and they don't know it so they need time to can find solution. I see that they try all possible to fix problem and they come also on saturday to try fix it. But it don't work and i can't stay waiting until they fin how to fix it, i lost many costumer and this is not good for company.

Mick01
05-30-2016, 11:34 PM
HI,
Leaving the error code aside, as this will most likely be resolved by replacing the power supply, you have two issues:
1) Error operation on the Print Controller
2) Bad Registration.

For number one it has to be determined where the error is originating. My approach would be (if i was the technician) to capture the Fiery error log on the problem file (Control and Right click on the file will bring up "create error report". This file then can be escalated to EFI (through KM support) to determine the error. Also capturing the log data on the machine when the error occurs (i cannot post this procedure in an open forum but your technician should know how to do this). Both these files can be escalated to KM support.

For number two there are some important factors that must be considered and addressed prior to adjusting image alignment.
1) Machine must be installed on a flat and level surface
2) Machine and Feed Unit must be levelled
If these are not met then you will have continual issues with image alignment.
Once these have been addressed then you can proceed with aligning the image. I usually follow the below checklist:

1) Check the paper is cut square (it is critical that the paper is square, if not then proper front to back alignment is impossible)

2) Check the paper tray guides are set correctly in the tray (variance can occur if the guides are not aligned with the paper edge correctly)

3) Check the level of paper skew on side one feed direction. If out then adjust the registration unit.

4) Check the level of skew in the main scan direction. If out then adjust CD Magnification Skew.

5) Check the magnification in the feed and crosswise direction. This ensures that the image is the correct size

6) Check the position of the image in the feed direction. If out then adjust Restart timing

7) Check the position of the image in the main scan direction. If out then adjust centering

This will ensure alignment on side one. I then use "Gap" adjustment to correctly align side two to side one. It pays to note that image alignment will not be perfect every sheet. however 3mm is severe and must be resloved.

As stated this is a great model (Digiman is correct that the same could not be said for the previous C8000).
Also i'm sure your techncian is doing his best to get your machine fully operational. Please trust in his ability to do so. This is a technical forum for techs to discuss issues. Not a sounding board for complaining about techs and machines by end users. I would suggest you ask him to escalate to support if he cannot resolve any issue you may have.

BOTOY
05-31-2016, 12:40 AM
Thank you Mick01 for your help especially for check list. I will print it and give it to tech.
I know that tech are doing there best to resolve my issue and some of theme become friends. and i know there will finally fix problem.
I just asked for help to quickly resolve issue if some one had this problem before. I personally choice on this machine because i read many good post on it.

BOTOY
02-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Hi everybody,

Sorry for not reply early on this thread. Konica has sent tech from Malte. He say it will take to fix issue 5 minutes or 5 days.
So finally it take only 5 min to fix it. it is the delivery unit that as factory mounting default which cause issue.

Also registration issue is do to machine stop working many time.
Tech say that this issue never seen before so there is no error code for it. So this is why it take many time to fix.
Now machine is over one million print and no problem. It work great and we are about to buy second one.

Thanks,

Custom Search