PDA

View Full Version : Electrical bizhub C284 Display flickers when moved back and forth

Custom Search

Laserbeam
05-30-2016, 01:05 PM
Hallo to all!

The display of a bizhub C284 starts to flicker when you slide the panel.

The cause is known. Itīs the ribbon cable from the upper to the lower board. Unfortunately, this cable is not available as a spare part. Only the complete panel for about 580 €.
I have made some detailed pictures of it. Maybe someone knows where this cable is available. The cable has 40 wires.

Synthohol
05-30-2016, 02:39 PM
Konica has a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, if you clear all the logs and change the install date in service mode the list output will "show" its less than 3 years in the field and the panel can be returned under warranty.
unless you are not working for an authorized dealer, but thats the downside to being an independent i guess.

allan
05-30-2016, 05:02 PM
Konica has a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, if you clear all the logs and change the install date in service mode the list output will "show" its less than 3 years in the field and the panel can be returned under warranty.
unless you are not working for an authorized dealer, but thats the downside to being an independent i guess.

Hehe

habik
05-30-2016, 10:42 PM

You can't clear some data like detailed code history.

habik
05-30-2016, 10:59 PM
Hallo to all!

The display of a bizhub C284 starts to flicker when you slide the panel.

The cause is known. Itīs the ribbon cable from the upper to the lower board. Unfortunately, this cable is not available as a spare part. Only the complete panel for about 580 €.
I have made some detailed pictures of it. Maybe someone knows where this cable is available. The cable has 40 wires.

Try computer/ laptop repair shop or ebay for LVDS 40 pin cable ;)

EarthKmTech
05-31-2016, 01:08 PM
It was once available as a replacement part internally, I recall receiving the email. I never had the problem so never had to change it. Its no longer a current machine so i suspect any chance of it being released as a spare part now are long gone.

Synthohol
05-31-2016, 11:34 PM
go old school, use an ohm meter and test all 40 wires from terminal to terminal.

habik
05-31-2016, 11:42 PM
... Or get a magnyfing glass and solder 1:1 with new wires.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
06-01-2016, 12:21 AM
Or,

just recover panels from machines returned for recycling. :cool:

allan
06-01-2016, 11:04 PM
... Or get a magnyfing glass and solder 1:1 with new wires.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

That is some serious skill.

Custom Search