PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C360 print contoller locks up on big jobs.

Custom Search

jrbucfan
06-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Good Morning everyone,

I have a BizHub C360 that locks up every time a job bigger than 6MB is ripped. The job is stuck in no mans land between the workstation and the copier and you can't clear it without completely powering the copier off.

I am thinking memory but can't find specs on memory. Or is it proprietary on this one?

If anybody else has a suggestion I am open.

Thanks.

James

allan
06-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Are u using PS or PCL driver?
Does the machine have a HDD?
Are u using ID & Print?

jrbucfan
06-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Using PCL, PS and XPS drivers. It does have a HDD and just using standard account control to monitor copying,

Thanks for your reply

allan
06-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Back-up the Authentication and address data using page-scope then format the HDD using admin mode.
Restore the data.

Or disable the HDD in service mode and test the printing.

Check the firmware version. Re-flash or upgrade if necessary.

jrbucfan
06-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Thank you

I did the format but I will try to print after disabling the HDD and try to re-Flash the firmware.

tech51
06-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Is the data light flashing on the machine?
If it isn't then you have a network issue.
If it is flashing but receiving larger jobs slowly, check the spooler settings on the driver is set to "print after last page is spooled".
I recently had a 751 that was taking hours to print a document and setting the spooler as above cured it.

Have you tried printing the customers file directly to the machine using a laptop?
That at least would eliminate their network.

jrbucfan
06-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Back-up the Authentication and address data using page-scope then format the HDD using admin mode.
Restore the data.

Or disable the HDD in service mode and test the printing.

Check the firmware version. Re-flash or upgrade if necessary.

Thanks for the help. It doesn't lock up anymore but the print que fails and restarts 3 or 4 times to complete a really big job (80MB). Maybe try a new HDD and Memory

Again thanks for the help

allan
06-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Try changing the port setting to LPR instead of Raw. Switch on byte counting.

Windows suck at really big jobs. Had a customer receive wacky scans from a bank that just don't spool ok. It would spool a couple of megs into hundreds.
Sometimes the same job will spool and print, the next attempt it would fail.

jrbucfan
06-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Try changing the port setting to LPR instead of Raw. Switch on byte counting.

Windows suck at really big jobs. Had a customer receive wacky scans from a bank that just don't spool ok. It would spool a couple of megs into hundreds.
Sometimes the same job will spool and print, the next attempt it would fail.

Funny I did the Real LPR port with Unix print services and it improved a lot Windows does suck at big jobs. lol I can get allwth way up to 200mb with out a failure.

Man Thank you so much you were a big help today.

Custom Search