PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 600 printing 1 copy then reboots

Custom Search

818tech
06-02-2016, 03:47 AM
Hello I have a bizhub 600 / Imagistics IM-6020.
Meter reading: 2M copies

Problem:
1.When making copies on the machine, it will print 1 copy then reboots.
2. DATA light always blinking even no jobs, also after unwanted self reboot. (client mentioned that data light been blinking for about a week before the problem occurred.
3. No Trouble codes
4. Book-nician

Attempts Tried:

1. Turned Off machine, unplugged power, re-plugged power, turned on. same problem.
2. Disconnect Network cable, Turned Off machine, unplugged power, re-plugged power, turned on. same problem.

Firmware - somewhat updated. (didn't really have problems before aside from DV/Toner Leaking.

Please help!

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

copier addict
06-02-2016, 09:30 PM
A dirty toner density sensor can cause some strange issues. Clean it and see what happens.

Thom
06-02-2016, 09:41 PM
A dirty corona / grid can give oddball issues as well...Good Luck

havokprod
06-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Smells like corrupted CF Cards, Re-flash them with Recovery base firmware using a laptop, then flash the machine back up to level 30.

818tech
06-03-2016, 11:50 PM
wow! thank you for the replies.

Problem Resolved!

I worked on the machine all night. Did some trial and error and isolation of problems.

Did a cold shutdown on the machine by switching off main power while sub switch is on.
switched off sub switch. Disconnect network cable. Unplugged power.

Re-plugged power, while the network cable is disconnected, turned main switchon, then sub switch on.
I Let the machine warmed up for 10 mins so the computer can fully cycle too.

At this time no data light blinking.
run multiples copies, no shutting down or unwanted self/auto restart/reboot.
run more copies, it seems everything is working fine.
Copy Quality is superb with brand new Main Charge Unit, Transfer/SeparationCorona Unit, Drum Cylinder, DV powder, all with a little over 40K copies and abrand new DV unit a little over 290K copies.
so at this time copying seems to be ok. I did print out meter count page, datalight blink while on the process, but went away as soon as it printed the countpage.

So,

1. Its not a power loss or a poor power connection
2. Copy quality is ok - so it is also not the Process Unit and its relatedcomponents, same goes with the Toner Control Sensor Board (TCSB).
3. If its the fuser section - I should get a code right?
4. No paper stuck behind the drawers that is blocking the motors.

Machine to Network connection test:
Now I re-plugged the network cable. Here comes the blinking data light again.
While the data light is blinking I did try to run multiple copies and it didwithout unwanted shut down/ auto restart.
So I wasn't able to duplicate the said problem. Run more multiplies copies,still ok.

So this time, I did a proper machine shutdown to get rid of the data light.
Turned it on normally, data light didn't came back on.

Network Card Test:

This time I wanted to Isolate the issue, so I plugged a spare network cablethat is not connected to the router to find out if the cable is defective,there is/was no blinking data light. so I was like hmmm... should I rest mycase? my network card is ok?

This concluded my evening as it was very late.

The following Day,

The IT guy came, their IT guy, we coordinated over the phone.
So he plugged a spare cable and no blinking data light - so I told him nothingwrong in my end from the copier tech side.
He also run some copies and no shutdown/auto restart is happening.
So this time he plugged the network cable the one from their network, withoutdelay the data light was on again.
Pretty weird that we shutdown and turned on the machine properly a few times.
If there are pending jobs it should of got cancelled already or something.
He did run some copies too with the blinking light on but it doesn't autorestart - so yah its pretty weird.

He went ahead and checked all work stations that is connected to the network
Then he found the culprit. He canceled the printing job from that offendingwork station and viola! the blinking data light on the machine wentaway. the computer work station was log-out but it was ONthe whole time. I did not have access to it the night I was workingso I didn't got a change to you know.

so yah that concluded this matter.
the problem was fixed.

but mystery still remains about the auto-restart.

Thank you all!!!

818tech
06-14-2016, 09:52 PM
wow! thank you for the replies.

Problem Solved!

I worked on the machine all night. Did some trial and error and isolation of problems.

Did a cold shutdown on the machine by switching off main power while sub switch is on.
switched off sub switch. Disconnect network cable. Unplugged power.

Re-plugged power, while the network cable is disconnected, turned main switch on, then sub switch on.
I Let the machine warmed up for 10 mins so the computer can fully cycle too.

At this time no data light blinking.
run multiples copies, no shutting down or unwanted self/auto restart/reboot.
run more copies, it seems everything is working fine.
Copy Quality is superb with brand new Main Charge Unit, Transfer/Separation Corona Unit, Drum Cylinder, DV powder, all with a little over 40K copies and a brand new DV unit a little over 290K copies.
so at this time copying seems to be ok. I did print out meter count page, data light blink while on the process, but went away as soon as it printed the count page.

So,

1. It's not a power loss or a poor power connection
2. Copy quality is ok - so it is also not the Process Unit and its related components, same goes with the Toner Control Sensor Board (TCSB).
3. If its the fuser section - I should get a code right?
4. No paper stuck behind the drawers that is blocking the motors.

Machine to Network connection test:
Now I re-plugged the network cable. Here comes the blinking data light again.
While the data light is blinking I did try to run multiple copies and it did without unwanted shut down/ auto restart.
So I wasn't able to duplicate the said problem. Run more multiplies copies, still ok.

So this time, I did a proper machine shutdown to get rid of the data light.
Turned it on normally, data light didn't came back on.

Network Card Test:

This time I wanted to Isolate the issue, so I plugged a spare network cable that is not connected to the router to find out if the cable is defective,there is/was no blinking data light. so I was like hmmm... should I rest my case? my network card is ok?

This concluded my evening as it was very late.

The following Day,

The It guy came, their IT guy, we coordinated over the phone.
So he plugged a spare cable and no blinking data light - so I told him nothing wrong in my end from the copier tech side.
He also run some copies, no shutdown/auto restart/reboot.

So this time he plugged the network cable the one from their network, without delay the data light was on again.
Pretty weird that we shut down and turned on the machine properly a few times.
If there are pending jobs it should of got cancelled already or something.
He did run some copies too with the blinking light on but it doesn't auto restart - so yah its pretty weird.

He went ahead and checked all work stations that is connected to the network
Then he found the culprit. He canceled the printing job from that offending work station and viola! the blinking data light on the machine went away. the computer work station was log-out but it was ON the whole time. I did not have access to it the night I was working so I didn't got a chance to you know.

so yah that concluded this matter.
the problem was/is fixed.

but mystery still remains about the auto-restart.

Thank you all!!!

Custom Search