PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 501 SMB scanning

Custom Search

Gabriel
06-07-2016, 10:34 PM
How ca I setup scanning on Bizhub 501 to different operation systems?

My Customer have
3 windows 7 (1 32-bits and 2 64-bits)
2 windows 8.0 (64-bits)
1 windows 8.1 (64-bits)
3 windows 10 (64-bits)

Not sure if Bizhub 501 works with SMB version 2 and 3

Thank you!!!

allan
06-08-2016, 06:03 AM
Use the Konica Minolta FTP utility.

Change all the IP addresses for the computers to static.
I don't know if the B501 will work with LLMNR.

Or use Filezilla server if there is something like a server and use file sharing to the computers from there.

The new machines does host SMB(SAMBA) server where you can scan to box and share from the machine!!

Gabriel
06-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Thank you for your response

I don't have access to the setup process the Customer's IT team is doing that and they said IIS or FTP is to much work, they want something like plug and play.

Here is what they want:
Finisher
Scanning (SMB)
Fax
50 cpm

I'm thinking on Ricoh MP-5001 (Nothing wrong with Ricoh, I just like Konica Minolta)

qbert69
06-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Thank you for your response

I don't have access to the setup process the Customer's IT team is doing that and they said IIS or FTP is to much work, they want something like plug and play.

Here is what they want:
Finisher
Scanning (SMB)
Fax
50 cpm

I'm thinking on Ricoh MP-5001 (Nothing wrong with Ricoh, I just like Konica Minolta)

LOL!....if they want "PnP" (Plug 'n' Play) they better get a Kyocera TaskAlfa Machine and implement HyPas PinPoint Scan!!!

DOH!

:cool:

PS--been down this "stupid" road too many times!...easiest thing to do is set-up a Windows 7 64 bit Professional box, set-up scan to folder (SMB) for each person on that machine and then map those folders to each person's computer!...easier setup and management! Alternatively, you can get a PC that has a Core 2 Duo CPU, install Ubuntu Linux and use Samba:

https://www.samba.org/

which is open source. Samba is the open source implementation of SMB which Microsoft implemented:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Message_Block

Custom Search