PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 364e copy quality issue

Custom Search

brent
06-13-2016, 04:39 PM
unfortunately we had one machine out of the box broken. I will include a copy of what it is doing. it does have p 9 and p 5 code... it will not gradiate
the manual said the solenoid or switch for the shutter may be the prob. I have located it but it seems to be working.. any thoughts>
thank you guys

brent

allan
06-13-2016, 04:53 PM
I would say strip out the laser and clean it.
Or look if the mag roller is covered in developer.
Only other thing would be transfer.

The other colors? or B/W?

TheBlueOrleans
06-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Was that image printed in portrait or landscape orientation?

That almost looks like it's from a really lousy transfer belt.

brent
06-13-2016, 05:36 PM
sorry about that.. this is a black and white machine I replaced the drum and developer unit.. no dice.. replaced the transfer belt out of a brand new machine.. made it a little better in the pic.. before it was almost completely white..
and I replaced the fuser drive assembly in the back as it was broken.. this machine used up most of its nine lives already before it has even been sold
thanks

and yes this was in the portrait position

brent

allan
06-13-2016, 05:44 PM
And the laser glass??

brent
06-13-2016, 05:58 PM
I had not dig into it that far. It is on my list today
Brent

TheBlueOrleans
06-13-2016, 09:38 PM
Run that fancy gray wand under the dev units, that space is specifically meant for that "tool" to be used to wipe the print head lenses clean.

Much easier than removing the whole damned print head, but if the magic wand doesn't fix it I would suggest a more thorough cleaning of the print head, if possible.

those look like voids.

That doesn't sound right when I read it. How does something physically resemble something that isn't?
Too much coffee.
No. Not enough coffee.

brent
06-13-2016, 11:23 PM
ok I have learned something today.. just because the machine is new doesn't mean that the glass above the laser cant be dirty. I must admit I just used the swab and didn't take it all apart.. but it is awesome.. now I feel even more dumb but happy because its fixed.. the copies were faded a little.. so I did the gradation and were good to go. I figured it would be something silly and it was

thank you guys!!!!!! you are the best est

brent

blackcat4866
06-13-2016, 11:49 PM
I'm sorry that I missed out on that whole discussion. The main things that will cause voids or light areas in the feed direction are:

1) dirty laser optics
2) poor developing (undertoned, bias voltage loss, developer shift)
3) primary charge contamination
4) secondary transfer loss

I guess you got it figured out. =^..^=

allan
06-14-2016, 06:10 AM
ok I have learned something today.. just because the machine is new doesn't mean that the glass above the laser cant be dirty. I must admit I just used the swab and didn't take it all apart.. but it is awesome.. now I feel even more dumb but happy because its fixed.. the copies were faded a little.. so I did the gradation and were good to go. I figured it would be something silly and it was

thank you guys!!!!!! you are the best est

brent

I had this before I did not want to dirty a new swab with the amount of toner there was. Removing the laser and cleaning it was quick enough.

Custom Search