PDA

View Full Version : FS-C2626MFP toning issue

Custom Search

copiman
06-14-2016, 10:36 AM
I responded to a call on an FS-C2626 that had faint prints. I was told the machine tried to add toner as indicated on the op panel. When I arrived the black was extremely washed out. The colors seemed somewhat ok. The black toner cartridge was empty. Replaced black toner but no change. Ran DEV-CLN but no change. Eventually the Magenta ran out. Replaced Magenta toner and it tried to add Magenta toner with no success. I saw a bulletin on toner supply issue where the drive for toner supply gets damaged due to opening and closing the top too hard. There are some modified parts that are needed to be replaced listed in the bulletin. Has anyone ever had this issue and actually performed the bulletin? It seems very invasive and just wanted to get input from anyone that has performed the procedure.

Also I could use a little help in understanding developer refresh versus developer set. I spoke with tech support yesterday and walked away with this understanding. Developer refresh just stirs up the developer and developer set removes the contents of the developer while replenishing with new developer. I say developer but my understanding is its mono component (toner and dev mixed). Can you do a dev set procedure on an existing dev unit or do you only do it with a brand new dev unit? Any help in explaining the difference with DEV-CLN (which I was told is developer refresh) and DEV-SET would be greatly appreciated.

Will look at on-line training to see if there is a course on these smaller machines. Maybe it will detail this area I am asking about. kdaconnect is busy now and said to try again laterhttp://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.png. Is this site slow or is it just me?

JR2ALTA
06-14-2016, 12:54 PM
I did it once a couple months ago. It cannot be attempted in the field. Bring it into the shop and prepare a couple of days to get it done.

Basically just follow the (45 page!) bulletin step by step. Be very organized and focused. You cannot test it until you turn it on so you don't want to take it apart more than once.

Unfortunately, I had to redo it 3x for different codes, noises and I marred up the Optics ribbon cable.

Also, when you get it mostly back together watch the toner drive and agitator gears as you open/close the top cover. Make sure they all line up and turn in sequence.

Good luck.

subaro
06-14-2016, 03:33 PM
This machine i have come to like, although it is troublesome without the mod kit. After the kit is done the machine performs well at least in my end. In copy mode, bump up the resolution to 600 dpi and you will not notice the original from the copy. vast difference if you copy in normal 300 dpi.
If you are going to do the mod kit, post and will pass on some tips that may save you some troubles. The mod kit instructions in quite good and if you follow them exactly you should not have too much issues.
Depending on the date of manufactured, part of the mod may have been done at factory already. see the mod kit file, that info is there. The parts are dog cheap, but the labour for the first time or two is let's say time consuming. And patience you should have for this kind of repair.

Performing developer refresh
Description
The laser output of the image data for developer refreshing is carried out, and operation
to exposure, developing, and primary transfer is performed by 10 pages (paper is not
fed).
Purpose
To perform cleaning when faulty images occur and a line appears longitudinally.

dev set
Description
After replacing the developing unit, enter the initial value (6-digit data) assigned on a
label attached to the package or developing unit.
Purpose
To set the initial value after replacing the developing unit.

There is also drum refresh and laser cleaning and calibration modes that you can run.

BY the way, the above info is in the service manual.

darry1322
06-14-2016, 07:32 PM
Toner is supplied through the transfer belt. I have had the auger inside the belt break causing toner add problems.

copiman
06-15-2016, 02:59 PM
Toner is supplied through the transfer belt. I have had the auger inside the belt break causing toner add problems.

Could I take a transfer belt unit from another machine and use it to see if toner is supplied and if it is order them a new belt unit?

mita
06-15-2016, 03:04 PM
I have had several of these do the same thing. The issue is in the Dv units take them out roll the mag roller back and forwards a half turn and put it back together. It will add toner and image will come back

copiman
06-15-2016, 03:35 PM
By the way, how long does it take to do the mod/bulletin from start to finish with no interruptions? I will be picking it up this week and bringing to shop and want to plan it out.

JR2ALTA said a couple of days. Is this 2 full days with no interruptions?

subaro
06-15-2016, 04:01 PM
I have had several of these do the same thing. The issue is in the Dv units take them out roll the mag roller back and forwards a half turn and put it back together. It will add toner and image will come back

You may have a point there in your fix. I'll try that the next time i have the add toner issue. But i have done over 15 mods and they all solved the problem with the add toner issue, none ever came back for that issue. But your fix will save time, big time if that works.
The mod should be done with those units that require them, as you can tell for sure, whenever you open the clamshell, it strains and makes that the noise. eventually the right hinge and and the toner cam gears go out of alignment and also the cam does not protrude enough to open the toner port on the toner container. The cams can be aligned perfectly, but if it is not engaging the toner open cam on the toner cartridge, then the toner is just turning and not being fed to the dev unit. spinning top in mud as the saying goes.

you can use another transfer belt. but it is easy to turn the the large white gear on the tranfer belt and look to see the augur is turning. be a bit inquisitive to figure out how the toner is passing through on the belt. simple really.

Time for the repair is how good you are at taking things and putting them back together without missing out on the details. roughly one day for the first time or maybe a little more as the dressing of the wire harness to the mainboard is ridiculous. take lots of photos how the wires are oriented.and mark the wires with the frame before you remove them as a reference point when reinstalling.

copiman
06-15-2016, 04:08 PM
I will try Mita's suggestion and see what happens. I will also check the transfer belt issue as well.

Thanks everyone for your help. I will post back my outcome. May be a while if I end up doing the mod. Having an uninterrupted day is practically impossible. Good idea on the picture taking.

tmaged
06-15-2016, 05:38 PM
It's a full 8 hours, if you've never done one. Pay attention to the plugs on the engine PWB. There are a couple of 2 pin connectors that will reach different locations. One is the fuser release motor. Plug it in to the wrong spot & you'll be replacing the board. That's experience talking. ;)

Custom Search