PDA

View Full Version : Konica 2230 parts (try not to laugh)

Custom Search

MVPunisher
06-14-2016, 01:28 PM
Anybody have any spare parts laying around for a 2230? Lol....guy just dropped machine in our office that has a broken sep wire.

blackcat4866
06-15-2016, 12:39 AM
Have you forgotten how to string a corona wire? You must have an old roll of corona wire laying around somewhere. =^..^=

MVPunisher
06-17-2016, 02:22 AM
Cant forget something you never knew lol. Just a young buck. I may have something that will work. I'll see.

blackcat4866
06-18-2016, 03:49 AM
Back in my Canon days I was stringing 25 to 30 wires a day, sometimes more, so I got a little practice. The analogs consumed wires like they were going out of style. With cleaning the housings and stringing I figured 6 minutes a wire. Much later one of my service managers thought it would be a fun Christmas Party contest to drag out a few old analog corona units, and have a competition who could string them the fastest. After an hour he gave up on a separation transfer unit with two wires, he didn't have one strung yet.

One of the very first Mita analogs that I worked on did not have a drum cleaning unit. It had a cleaning corona unit, that would discharge the drum, then the waste toner was drawn back into the developing unit (Mita DC-131). If you got a drum wrap, which was fairly common, the paper would break the cleaning corona wire, then the drum wouldn't clean. One of my customers at the time had watched me re-string the wires often enough, so he kind of had an idea what to do. On the next call i found a single strand of copper wire from a lamp cord, that had been perfectly tensioned, and was still functioning after several months. I was greatly impressed by this feat. Copper wire is very soft, won't hold a twist very well, and breaks very easily. Later on as an experiment, I tried to string up copper and could not do it. I still have no idea how my customer did it.

Back on topic, you can still buy rolls of corona wire from Precision Roller or Katun. It's probably not terribly crucial what kind you get. I can provide a little coaching and a few photos if you're interested. =^..^=

Custom Search