PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub C452 J-9901, Thick 4 300gsm Card Jams below transfer belt

Custom Search

Konicatech
06-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Guys,

I'm having a bit of a headache with a C452, issue is as follows:

When trying to print on 300gsm card from the bypass tray, I select Thick 4 on the machine, and Thick 4 on the print driver but when I send the job from the PC the machine will pull the card half way through and jam just below the transfer belt. It does this every time! however if I select thick 3 on the machine and the print driver and send the job it will take the 300gsm card through on Thick 3 no problems whatsoever!!

So the issue is only with the Thick 4 setting.

The rollers etc are all new, the firmware is at the latest version, sensors all clean etc - Any ideas where I am going wrong? :mad:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

femaster
08-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Any luck with this? Having same issue with C552 running anything through bypass. Can print on any setting except thick 4. Copier throws a J9901 jam with paper just before the registration rollers. Even running plain paper at the thick 4 setting jams, so it's not a paper issue.

Sent from Tapatalk.

smiley
08-08-2017, 01:42 PM
I dont have this model in field but if this machine is same as c451 i incounter this and oneway gear in cassette 1 pick up assemble solve the problem.

femaster
08-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the input, but problem is only through bypass, and only thick 4. Plain, thick 1, thick 2, and thick 3 all feed perfectly with no jams.

Sent from Tapatalk.

Phil B.
08-08-2017, 01:55 PM
are you sure you have the paper set properly ( SEF or LEF )?

femaster
08-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Yup, Auto detect is on and is detecting properly. Just to add to it, feed tires for bypass tray are new, registration and all other rollers are perfectly clean, and it doesn't matter what the actual paper type is, nor does it matter if it's a print job or a copy job through the bypass. I can run hundreds of pages through the bypass with no jams, on any paper type setting, except thick 4. Thick 4 gives a J9901 jam every single time, without exception.

Sent from Tapatalk.

habik
08-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Have you tried adjusting the loop?

copier tech
08-08-2017, 09:48 PM
I have run into this before, going from memory I believe thick 4 has a unique sensor not used on other paper weights.

Try this SW switch setting, J9901 is a paper size error, change Dip SW 145 to hex 02 (mis-match paper feeds through rather than jamming) designed for J9901

femaster
08-08-2017, 11:18 PM
OK, yes, I did try adjusting the loop, with no help. Thanks for the reminder though, I forgot to set the loop back after I found the solution, will need to remember to do that...

I did read about changing the switch 145 setting, and I tried to do that on this copier, but it refused to accept the setting. Might not be valid for this model?

In any case, I did finally find a solution. It was the strangest thing, as the bulletin I found it in states that the solution is supposed to help with jamming problems for transparencies, and the settings were only supposed to apply to the earlier models of these machines (C451, C550, C650). I'm wondering if perhaps the "2" series has this setting change already done from the factory, and I just "undid" the change?

In any case, in service mode, I changed Software Switch 59 to a hex value of 01, which then adds an option to the Security Screen (accessed by pressing RESET, STOP, 0, CLEAR). Inside there you will now find a button titled "Engine FW DIPSW". Select that and then press switch 1 on the next screen. For me, this turned the switch OFF. Reboot copier, and all was working perfectly with thick 4.

Attached is a copy of the bulletin I got this information from. Note that the changes I made to the settings are meant to be used with the C550, etc., not the C552, but either way, it worked for me. Hopefully will help someone else down the road as well.

copier tech
08-09-2017, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the update, good find.

Custom Search