PDA

View Full Version : KM test charts?

Custom Search

John Kaufmann
06-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Fixing a scan skew problem on a C360, I found an on-point thread "Bizhub C352 Scan Skew" <http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/60658-bizhub-c352-scan-skew.html>, in which EarthKmTech says,
Perfection is possible with enough patience and stuffing around. Oh and i always used genuine km test charts to test.
I was tempted to reply in that thread, but because the thread is four years old it seemed best to open a new thread with this question: What is special about KM test charts? My Precision Roller salesman says "a test chart is a test chart" - and I don't see why he is not right. Yet KM even seems to go so far as to make machine-specific test charts. Can someone tell me (a) Why?, and (b) Is there a KM part number for test chart(s) for the C360/C280 machines?

EarthKmTech
06-14-2016, 11:56 PM
I've had a genuine km test chart new in the packet for the past 5 years - I've not once had an incident where I thought it was necessary to walk back to the car for it.

However, 90%+ of my customers are schools and as long as something is printed on the paper that generally satisfies their requirements. Some people may be horrified by this prospect, but hey, they all shut down by 3pm every day so it has its benefits too.

habik
06-15-2016, 12:43 AM
To make a test Copy from the glass you can use even Halfton print from Service menu for as long as there is no skew on prints.
If you have skew on printing halftone you have to check your registration, paper tray guides, Mylars, RH Doors hinge or lower door lock hook may be broken and skew can happen.

If printing is OK, then"

If you have skew on Copy from glass, your mirrors might have shifted.

If you have skew on ADF, Copy or scan then check ADF hinges, height of ADF, ADF LH Cover (hinge tend to crack), Mylars, Paper guides, Worn separation or rollers, original tray may be higher on one side, white pulleys may not turn properly.
During initial ADF setup the original Installation chart is THE best to Adjust the Zoom or do Auto Correction, Stop position adjustments for Main and Sub scanning direction, Width of originals adjustments etc. I suggest you get one. It is A4 with Black thick rectangle frame inside and 2 arrows.

copier tech
06-15-2016, 07:54 AM
I personally don't feel I test chat is necessary anymore, they were mainly for the old analogue machines.

All current machines can generate an internal print, a demo page on the Bizhubs for example. You can them that that to check for skew etc.

I would say however this is different on the production models.

John Kaufmann
06-15-2016, 03:27 PM
I've had a genuine km test chart new in the packet for the past 5 years - I've not once had an incident where I thought it was necessary to walk back to the car for it.
Sounds like a good data point. Thanks.

However, 90%+ of my customers are schools and as long as something is printed on the paper that generally satisfies their requirements. Some people may be horrified by this prospect, but hey, they all shut down by 3pm every day so it has its benefits too.
My wife the schoolteacher agrees enthusiastically. ;) ["Hey, it was needed five minutes ago - Who's going to bother about a little skew?"]

CompyTech
06-16-2016, 08:25 PM
The only chart I've ever found useful is the one that comes with the ADFs for setup. I have many times use the auto adjustments in the service mode with the chart out in the field to perform off center/ slight skewing adjustments. Outside of that it's mechanical adjustments from there.

copier addict
06-16-2016, 08:32 PM
The part number for the KonMin colour test chart is 9J06PJP200. The B & W one is 4034794101, but doesn't seem to be available anymore. The only reason I have them is because I got them while on training courses. They are still in their wrappers.

andyf424
06-16-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm kind of a hack sometimes but I've never used a test chart except to setup new machines, that doc feeder a4 sheet they include. Bizhubs have test pages and Pro/Press machines have test pattern out put. I've always gotten them close enough with internal prints.

Synthohol
06-16-2016, 10:09 PM
i have a bunch of hi-def PDF test pages on a USB stick, i just plug them into the copier and print them and re-copy if i need to test the optics.
the internal greyscale and halftone test pages tell enough though nowadays.
my personal favorite was the old CF911 test chart :) and the standard 11x17 one.
here they are in case you want to use :)

Custom Search