PDA

View Full Version : Konica pro c6500 installing fd-501

Custom Search

impimp329
06-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Hi, I am at a loss. I recently removed the stitcher/trimmer from a pro c6500 because it was not being used at all. Went thru all the steps and started to install the ru unit along with the fd-501. powered everything back up, saw the correct configuration on screen but no power to the finisher. Its as if it isn't connected. Registered the serial number and did a factory recall and still nothing. I even removed the ru/ decurler and installed the fd-501 directly to the main body and, nothing. I thought these machines were just plug and play.
Any ideas, please???????????

Synthohol
06-15-2016, 11:06 PM
there is a jumper and a switch, just follow this in case you missed a step?
are you now using it on a 105ppm machine? check out the doc.
good luck.
it may need firmware too.

impimp329
06-16-2016, 04:21 PM
good luck.

No, it's a 65ppm machine. The jumper is for a 105ppm and when I reinstalled the fd501 I noticed all the switches were in the off position. Also on the powering of the fd501, it was connected to it's own power source and the main body has no piggyback power source.

impimp329
06-16-2016, 05:23 PM
good luck.

THANKS!!!!!! .It was the switch that needed to be at 2 position and the tray sensor detector, which once connected, the power was applied.

Synthohol
06-16-2016, 06:14 PM
No problem. Been there done that so im very happy I was able to help :)

impimp329
06-17-2016, 04:30 PM
No problem. Been there done that so im very happy I was able to help :)

Yes, thank's for the help. But for some reason, I can't get the finisher to do any of it's functions. It only allows me to insert from the feeder but won't fold or punch. And it won't give me any errors as configuration problems.

Synthohol
06-17-2016, 10:59 PM
have you installed the latest firmware for the whole machine?
if the jumper needed to be changed like you said, it likely has firmware on it from a different model copier and needs to be updated for its current host.
i hope its that simple, good luck.

Custom Search