PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous K.M. C227 Key Counter port, not counting prints, only copies

Custom Search

briantrela
06-16-2016, 10:23 PM
Hello, I have a Konica Minolta c227 using the Key Counter Port to activate the copier and send pulses to count copies and prints. It works fine for copies but does not register prints.
I think I am missing something in the settings.

Any one had this issue before?

thanks !!

emujo
06-20-2016, 04:42 PM
Are you using some kind of mechanical counter, or some sort of equitrac/copy track device? Emujo

briantrela
06-21-2016, 02:29 PM
yes I am. It is a counter that can be programmable to count # of pulses sent by the copier, 1 pulse for B/w, 2 for b/w large, 3 for color and 6 for color large. The thing is I can not get a count when prints are made. Are you familiar with the administrator settings on the Konica Minolta? Many thanks !!

emujo
06-21-2016, 03:51 PM
Most mechanical counters only count copies out, print jobs bypass the copy key counter. 3rd party software usually requires a client installed on the workstation to count the print jobs. Again you haven't answered which type of counter you are using. If you are just using a pulse counter there may be a "enable" signal that is set to ON when the counter is plugged in, or someone enters a code. This enable signal would not be sent when a print job is sent. I am familiar with the management device settings, but until I know what you are using I can't be much help. Emujo

briantrela
06-22-2016, 10:47 AM
I am using a CPI system. It is a credit card terminal for copiers and printers. CPIsystem.com We saw it at a disney resort last year and we got one. It attaches to the KM with the key counter port, on the first 2 wires and the pulses are on the 2nd 2 wires. total of 4 wires. I was given the below procedure to get it running. works just fine for copies but we also need to count and enable prints! thank you so much for your help!

optional Key Counter Kit #4623472

- Admin settings 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (twice) then OK

#4 Account User Authentication
(account tracks)
#1 General Settings
User Auth. To OFF
Hit OK, Close all the way out.

Menu
Screen Counter (top left)
Service mode : Stop 0 0 Stop 01

Service mode password (if needed)
9272 9272 9272 9272 then “END”

In Service mode:
Press “Stop” then 9 it will take you to Billing Settings
(unset billing settings)
- Management Function Choice
- Authentication Device = 2

Counter Settings:
Total = mode 2
Counter mode:
Large size counter mode 11x17 = 1 or 0
(default is no count)
Large length counter paper mode = 1
Banner counting = 1

Color:
Backend billing: Management function Choice:
Select: Key card IF

Color mode = 3
Message # 2 “insert card”

emujo
06-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Try to think of it this way...User needs copies, they swipe their cc and the MFP starts tracking and billing the cc. Once they are done they close the connection between the key counter and the copier. Now the print side. User sends print job to MFP, unless there is some kind of software on the PC side, how does the key counter know who to charge. I don't think it cares. I would contact CPI system and ask them of they have client side software, or, you may try turning on ID and Print on the copier side and configure accordingly in the driver. User sends jobs to copier in this mode with ID# (you don't need authentication turned on for this necessarily). Now the user walks up to the copier, swipes the cc, goes to the ID and print user box, enters their ID and or password, prints their jobs, and this should be tracked and billed to the cc. CPI systems may offer a client side piece that pushes an app out to the MFP for this, but I have never heard of them. Emujo

briantrela
07-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Thank you emujo for your help. I forwarded your comments to Basil at CPI systems and he wants to speak to you if possible and help us figure this out. their website is CPIsystem.com , leave him a note and he will get a hold of you. Phone number is 321 seven seven five, three nine five nine. He also mentioned something about papercut software. Works late in the lab. thanks for all your help.

peter42
07-02-2016, 09:29 AM
As far as i knew, there is an option in admin settings to allow print without authenticaton.
check that first, before blaming elsewhere.

briantrela
07-02-2016, 11:41 PM
thanks I will.

briantrela
07-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Question,is there a way we can use the serial port while keeping the key-counter port open? Reason is the serial port (I believe Vendor 2 mode) has a coin-op Jamex unit while the key-counter has the CPI connected. what would you suggest we do to use both ports. The new built Konica software (kind like a release station- public user box) sends the prints if if they want to use the credit card unit on the Key-counter port, no pulses are sent through that port, hence the credit card terminal can't count or charge for prints as it would have for copies. This is our main issue from the beginning. Any suggestions on how to proceed with this?

Woxner
07-08-2016, 05:31 AM
when they print is it held until they pay. i have credit type machine and you have to turn on print in security mode

briantrela
07-09-2016, 05:44 AM
The print is help until it is released. Can it be released by enabling the key-counter ? would it send print pulses to the keycounter port?
Have you experienced this before?

also another question, the key counter pluses for copies, I believe they are 1 pulse= B/W, 2 pulses= large B/W, 3=color, 6 = large color. Is this correct?

Many thanks!!

oldschool
07-18-2016, 10:36 PM
This may not be a good solution for you but the Jamex can have a MDB credit card reader added to it. It's specific to the Jamex and is called a NetPad. You can charge for prints copies and scans the same as you would for cash. We have had some customers use vendor 2 with a key counter but when the key counter brings the copier ready the patron was always prompted for the admin password.

Custom Search