PDA

View Full Version : CQ 4550Ci Issue printing from MAC (El Capitan)

Custom Search

D Colour
06-17-2016, 04:18 PM
Hi

Having a strange problem in a customers, were the prints from the MAC are brutal, in comparison to the Windows 10 PC. They generally use 2 programs when printing, Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF.

MAC is running OSX 10.11.4 (El Capitan).

When printed from the MAC using word or as a PDF (created by word). The fonts become bolder and not as sharp as they should be and have a red tinge on the outline. From the PC they are fine.

33272 33273

Its maybe not easy to see from those scanned files without zooming in. I've taken a photo of a side by side which hopefully shows it better.
The left side is the MAC.

And the red tinge round the text....

Its the latest MAC driver available on Kyocera's site (OS X 10.5 and newer - 3.2, build 11-2014).

The 4550Ci is on firmware version 08.10.0030. This is slightly older that what is available, but the newer firmware updates don't mention any print quality fixes.We will of course update this, but expect it to make no difference.

Any suggestions, other that burning the MAC?

Thanks

J

tmaged
06-17-2016, 04:27 PM
Does the Mac give the print as image option in their version of Reader ?

D Colour
06-17-2016, 04:34 PM
Does the Mac give the print as image option in their version of Reader ?

Don't know tmaged, will have a look at that. Not up to speed on the MAC side of things unfortunately.

Is this an option once you go file and print? To print as an image? Will certainly try this if its available and see.

tmaged
06-17-2016, 06:26 PM
File>print>advanced>Check print as image. This prints the document as a picture rather than lines of text. It's part of the Acrobat software.

simonsays
06-18-2016, 10:36 PM
There is a patch that goes with those drivers did you use it

hi

having a strange problem in a customers, were the prints from the mac are brutal, in comparison to the windows 10 pc. They generally use 2 programs when printing, microsoft word and adobe pdf.

Mac is running osx 10.11.4 (el capitan).

When printed from the mac using word or as a pdf (created by word). The fonts become bolder and not as sharp as they should be and have a red tinge on the outline. From the pc they are fine.

33272 33273

its maybe not easy to see from those scanned files without zooming in. I've taken a photo of a side by side which hopefully shows it better.
The left side is the mac.

and the red tinge round the text....

its the latest mac driver available on kyocera's site (os x 10.5 and newer - 3.2, build 11-2014).

The 4550ci is on firmware version 08.10.0030. This is slightly older that what is available, but the newer firmware updates don't mention any print quality fixes.we will of course update this, but expect it to make no difference.

Any suggestions, other that burning the mac?

Thanks

j

D Colour
06-18-2016, 11:29 PM
There is a patch that goes with those drivers did you use it

I don't believe so, where do I find this patch?

Custom Search