PDA

View Full Version : BHC5500 codes J1051 then it displays C3102 fuser motor not turning

Custom Search

Desert Rat
06-18-2016, 04:59 AM
It does this from power on. First it displays the J1051 code and shows a jam in the by pass tray.
There is no paper in the tray. 20 seconds later it shows the C-3102 code which refers to not seeing
the pressure on : off sensor PS26. The fuser motor does not turn. Turning the handle I can see
the lower roller going up and down as the knob is turned. It turns ok in the paper feed direction.
There is a gear with a few teeth missing, but it turns the belt.
Now this customer has a C6501 also. So I swapped them. The original 5500 fuser did not cause the
same codes to appear, the fuser motor turned in both direction. The lamps lite up. Then it gave a code
C3902 I think. But it was an overtemp code.
Put the 6501 fuser in the 5500 and the same codes appear.
Customer said he was just setting them up for a demo. Both worked for a day
then the 5500 started doing this code.
When I started this call I noticed the locking handle for the fuser tray had some in and out play.
Then I saw the the locking cam was broken and replaced that. I was hoping this was preventing an
interlock sw from closing. Nope.

How often does that conveyance driver board go bad? I have yet to change a board on these machines
in 5yrs.
Just as I was going to ask what else, the front door interlock came to mind.
But really what else?

Thanks

DR

Mick01
06-21-2016, 06:34 AM
HI,
I am assuming as you have tested the fusing unit in another machine that you have no issues with the one way bearings in the fusing drive. These are the usual cause of this code.
I have replaced the CDB before (it does not go regularly though). Have you checked the wiring from the fusing unit to the CDB? The fusing connectors at the front spring to mind as I have had these break before.
Have you checked the sensor in I/O mode to see if it is changing state?
good luck, hope this helps.

Texers
06-23-2016, 04:10 PM
those conveyance boards are quite decent and not really expensive.. they don't go that often.. unless somebody is careless and unplug the fuser connectors while the machine is still powered on. check ICPs.. might be one of those..

Desert Rat
06-23-2016, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the replies,

Mick01, yes I have tried that fuser in another unit that is working and the motor turns, the rollers separate and the lamps
come on. Now, it does give an overtemp code after it has been on for a couple of minutes. Put the other fuser in the
5500 and I get the same symptoms mentioned above.

Texers, I believe that doing the fuser swap eliminates the one way gear "M". My customer had turned the machine
on one day just to see if it would come up and it did. He made a couple of prints and shut it down to power up the
other unit. When he went back to the 5500, that's when the code started to appear.
Hell of riddle.

My customers business went belly up and he is trying to sell them.

Thanks for posting

DR

Custom Search