PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C652DS Drum Chip

Custom Search

Alex1
06-19-2016, 03:46 AM
I Have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C652DS and the machine needs a yellow imaging unit replaced, I decided to experiment with replacing the drum chip, so I removed the screws in the front of the drum and removed the plate where the wires sit that meet contact, there is meant to be a small board there for me to unplug and repugnant a new one in order for the drum to reset once I've placed it back in the machine. But there's no board the it's just a wire that runs straight from the toner sensor that sits on the dev that goes straight to male terminal that sits on the drum when you b slide in the machine. Any idea on how to reset these kind of drums???

allan
06-19-2016, 04:24 AM
The shipment drums comes without the chip.
The replacement IU comes with the a chip to reset the count.
The wires you see is for the toner density sensor.

Alex1
06-19-2016, 04:36 AM
The shipment drums comes without the chip.
The replacement IU comes with the a chip to reset the count.
The wires you see is for the toner density sensor.

So it can be reset is what your saying??

allan
06-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Yes

Alex1
06-19-2016, 09:01 AM
Yes

So how can you reset it???

allan
06-19-2016, 09:16 AM
Find a used IU and modify the one you have then install the chip.
Or get a new IU.

Alex1
06-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Find a used IU and modify the one you have then install the chip.
Or get a new IU.

I have a used IU how do you modify it?? Where does the chip sit since it doesn't sit in the front of the IU

allan
06-19-2016, 09:54 AM
You need to find a unit that did the second cycle one with a used chip.

Alex1
06-19-2016, 10:15 AM
You need to find a unit that did the second cycle one with a used chip.

I'm not following sorry. There's something obviously in the drum that the machine picks up since I replaced a drum with a half used one it know there's a half used one in the machine. Theno when I place the used one back inside the machine it knows it's used it says replace Yellow IU I'm trying to figure out how to reset the machine displaying replace Yellow IU

allan
06-19-2016, 04:17 PM
Initially the machine does not need the chip the count is held by the machine, then you can put any used unit without a chip in there and the machine would not be able to tel the difference. If the preset count on the machine runs out it needs a new IU out of a box to reset the count. From there the count is held by the chip on the replacement unit.

So if you move a used IU from one machine to the other it reads the count from the chip.

Custom Search