PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Inherited a BizHub mono 200

Custom Search

ezpcsystems
06-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Hello,

We inherited a bizhub mono 200 printer. While I am sure it would make a great boat anchor, that is not in the plans at this time. We would like to reset it to defaults, but it seems advanced security is enabled on the printer. The touchscreen is unresponsive when trying to use the admin menu. Any ideas on how to resolve?

emujo
06-22-2016, 03:05 PM
If you know the IP address you may be able to reset most items through the web page. Those touch screens are pretty old and if you can't type a password into it, it may need replacement. If you just don't know the admin password my advice would be to call a KM tech to reset everything for you. Emujo

ezpcsystems
06-22-2016, 03:10 PM
We can use the touchscreen on it, but when going to press END after typing in the password, it does not respond. Do you think it would be best to push it off a boat dock?

emujo
06-22-2016, 05:09 PM
LOL..sounds like that portion of the touch screen has died. You could try removing the panel and reseating all the connections. What exactly do you need to reset? This old Bizhub is not renowned for its advanced security. Are you able to get into the web browser? Emujo

copytechman
06-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Seconding touch screen imminent failure. Been there done that.

Regards!
A.

copyman
06-23-2016, 11:50 PM
Aftermarket touch glass available on internet for around $50 USD

blackcat4866
06-24-2016, 12:16 AM
I was called out on a call like that. The enduser did not want to pay for a touchscreen, just reset the error code. Well, you can't reset an error code without a functioning touchscreen. This machine went in the dumpster. =^..^=

copyman
06-24-2016, 01:00 AM
I hear you blackcat. I have customers that said don't fix touch screen because they just print or copy with it, no scanning where your would need the touch screen. I could see if you had to buy OEM touch screen for $200+ but $50 for aftermarket plus labor isn't bad. Especially if everything else with machine is good.

Not that great for VoIP faxing and was the main reason most of my customers upgraded that model. I had customers run 200,000 plus pages and never even needed feed rollers for the paper trays! Very little misfeeds or jams. At one point I had around 50 of these in the field, now 45 of them are still in the field but the field behind my shop;)

Custom Search