PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KM FS-608, booklet - max 15 90gsm, is it possible to use 3-5 sheets of glossy 120gsm?

Custom Search

mike86
06-23-2016, 07:57 AM
I know that spec states max 20 80gsm, 15 90gsm.

As it can fold and staple 200gsm cover, it seems like it is not a technical limitation of the finisher but more recommended maximum number of sheets of given weight (same with booklet maker which can fold and staple up to 20 sheets of 80gsm, you can use i.e. 10 sheets 160gsm).

Is it safe to print on 120gsm glossy using 80gsm setting ?

I would like to produce glossy booklets between 120-160gsm (A3 -> A4 and A4->A5).

It would be pretty useless feature for a finisher to fold and staple only 80gsm paper (there is no glossy paper below 100gsm in UK).

We have purchased C451 + FS608 only for making glossy booklets for marketing purposes.

Thanks for some advice on this one.

habik
06-23-2016, 02:45 PM
You can certainly try.

Fuser will start offsetting.

Byting on bits.

Synthohol
06-23-2016, 02:48 PM
Keep in mind these are office class machines and have limitations.
Its not what the machine is capable of, its what media can pass through religiously every time.
What you need it to do is work like a production machine which it cannot.
I have many customers that "lie" to the machine to get thicker stock to do what you are asking. Sometimes it works sometimes not.
Its a roll of the dice, if yoy tell the machine the paper is thinner you run the risk of toner not adhering properly and or registration issues.
Good luck.

Albonline
06-23-2016, 04:14 PM
I know that spec states max 20 80gsm, 15 90gsm.

As it can fold and staple 200gsm cover, it seems like it is not a technical limitation of the finisher but more recommended maximum number of sheets of given weight (same with booklet maker which can fold and staple up to 20 sheets of 80gsm, you can use i.e. 10 sheets 160gsm).

Is it safe to print on 120gsm glossy using 80gsm setting ?

I would like to produce glossy booklets between 120-160gsm (A3 -> A4 and A4->A5).

It would be pretty useless feature for a finisher to fold and staple only 80gsm paper (there is no glossy paper below 100gsm in UK).

We have purchased C451 + FS608 only for making glossy booklets for marketing purposes.

Thanks for some advice on this one.

if it could do what you are asking of it consistently and reliably don't you think km would have used it as a sales point? the 451 and 608 are office work-group type units. not reliable as far as color control consistency over long runs of high coverage. the 608 was designed as a convenience type booklet maker for office environment not a production quality unit, sorry. your question about running under false weight settings may work for a while, but print quality will suffer, and you will see jamming in long runs due to toner buildup in the fixing unit. running heavy stock through the folder will kill it prematurely. good luck.

Custom Search