PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C451 + missing user box... Seems like there is no hard drive :/ Can I use normal HDD?

Custom Search

mike86
06-26-2016, 01:49 PM
C451 arrived, everything seems to be working fine (great print quality, much better than my business cards quality, other laser printers or inkjets).

However there is missing user box, so I guess HDD is missing.

Could you let me know if I can use HDD from other Konica Minolta machines, or maybe there is some software for formatting hard drive so partition/files would suits KM Bizhub printer.

I am thinking about 3 options
- buying HDD for C451 (will be very, very difficult)
- buying HDD for another close BizHub (easier)
- formatting/partitioning for BizHub (easiest)

Synthohol
06-26-2016, 03:10 PM
it may just be disabled.
first open the rear cover and verify if indeed there is or is not a HDD.
second go into service mode and see if the hdd shows as "installed" (if one exists)
third, most any 160/250/320G hdd should work, just keep in mind the initial physical format take an ungodly amount of hours to complete. then do a logical that only takes minutes.

blackcat4866
06-26-2016, 03:17 PM
it may just be disabled.
first open the rear cover and verify if indeed there is or is not a HDD.
second go into service mode and see if the hdd shows as "installed" (if one exists)
third, most any 160/250/320G hdd should work, just keep in mind the initial physical format take an ungodly amount of hours to complete. then do a logical that only takes minutes.

It took over 3 hours the last time I started a physical format. Either the HDD has been removed or wiped as a privacy measure, or it just needs to be SET in the service mode. =^..^=

mike86
06-26-2016, 07:29 PM
Thanks.

I've tried service mode, but looks like it is not there.

I have also removed all back cover (plastic and top steel) to see if there is a hard drive, but I cannot find it :confused:

I can't see any either SATA or ATA connector and have no idea where it could be located (there is only one board left on right bottom but looks like PSU unit).

Where is normally mounted hard drive ?

It looks like someone took out whole caddy :(

Will caddy from 250 or 452 fit this one ?

blackcat4866
06-26-2016, 09:05 PM
...Where is normally mounted hard drive ?

It looks like someone took out whole caddy :(

Will caddy from 250 or 452 fit this one ?

It's right here:

=^..^=

mike86
06-26-2016, 09:28 PM
It is missing, If it is visible right after steel cover is removed.

I guess I have to find a caddy and hdd

EarthKmTech
06-27-2016, 01:01 AM
It is missing, If it is visible right after steel cover is removed.

I guess I have to find a caddy and hdd

The metal bracket was updated to include mounting holes for the IDE to SATA translator board so modern hard drives could be used. You should be able to still purchase these.

One of these days i am going to install an IDE to mSata adapter in my c253 and use a 64gb ssd and see how it likes it. I'm awaiting delivery. The user box is full of important documents, I will back up the HDD and restore it to the ssd when the time comes.

mike86
06-27-2016, 07:34 AM
I have found it.

Thanks.

There is a HDD and seems that suddenly it starts working (however I had to enable it from service mode).

Custom Search