PDA

View Full Version : C224 scan to email

Custom Search

copier addict
06-27-2016, 04:47 PM
I have a pair of C224s in the shop that I am refurbing. I am testing their ability to scan to email and all I get is a "server connect error" and a 107 network error code. I searched the network error code list but can't find a 107. I have googled it with no luck there either. I have several different models in the shop and have set them up with the exact same SMTP info and they work fine. It is just the two C224s causing me grief. Is there a setting specific to the C224 that I am missing?
Any help is appreciated

emujo
06-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Since these are refurbs, it might be a piece of network config that has not been configured for you network..DNS, Domain etc. What email system are you trying to send with? Google mail, your own smtp, office etc. Emujo

copier addict
06-27-2016, 05:11 PM
Since these are refurbs, it might be a piece of network config that has not been configured for you network..DNS, Domain etc. What email system are you trying to send with? Google mail, your own smtp, office etc. Emujo

Thanks for the response Emujo. I forgot to mention I have done a couple network clears and a total clear with no improvement. Our email is hosted by a local IT company.

emujo
06-27-2016, 05:24 PM
What settings do they require to allow the MFP to connect and send mail? There are a few firmware updates for the non-e series that allow support for TLS 1.2. Try to ping the host name from the MFP to determine basic connectivity to the site. The telnet command can assist in determining if you can reach the server on the required ports. IE tenet mail.company.com 465. These MFPs have always had issues with web hosted providers like go daddy. Office 365 has gotten a little better, and even gmail has introduced various security setting that have given us more than a handful of headaches. Emujo

mo0651
06-27-2016, 06:07 PM
When we have done a network reset, we turn on DHCP and let the machine acquire all the Network settings. Then set the machine back to a Static IP.

copier addict
06-27-2016, 06:48 PM
I should also mention, I am able to scan via SMB and FTP without a hitch.
Our email requires SSL

SmellsHot
06-28-2016, 12:10 AM
The non "e" machines require special firmware addressing scan to email that use ssl. Just look in the knowledge base and you'll find it.

copier addict
06-30-2016, 05:40 PM
The non "e" machines require special firmware addressing scan to email that use ssl. Just look in the knowledge base and you'll find it.

Well, actually I couldn't find it in the knowledge base. I obviously didn't enter the proper search criteria. It almost as bad as Samsung's GSPN site for finding things.
I ended up contacting KonMin and they were very helpful. The bulletin is specific to gmail so maybe that is why I couldn't find it.
Anyways, following the procedure outlined in the bulletin solved the issue.
Thanks to everyone who submitted to this post.

Custom Search