PDA

View Full Version : C754e dirty trailing edge and C3110 C-FB0B when scanning.

Custom Search

copytechman
06-27-2016, 10:00 PM
C754e has had a new fuser, belt unit, 2nd transfer unit, registration Assy (on the door). Guide in front of belt unit.

Intermittent, shows more on higher coverage, latest firmware installed, any ideas people?

C3110 throws fb0b codes when scanning, not every time tho, update firmware, no change, mfp board on order.. Thoughts??

Regards!
A.

copyrooks
06-27-2016, 11:05 PM
did you update the scanner firmware for the c3110? Updating that fixed the problem I had with the same code in the past.

blackcat4866
06-27-2016, 11:54 PM
May I see a sample of the scan? =^..^=

copytechman
06-28-2016, 12:19 AM
Didn't matter about what was scanned, I'll check on scanner firmware, I don't recall seeing separate firmware for the scanner for that model thx!

Anyone have any thoughts on the c754e?

Regards!
A.

blackcat4866
06-28-2016, 12:21 AM
May I see a sample of the scan? =^..^=

Didn't matter about what was scanned, I'll check on scanner firmware, I don't recall seeing separate firmware for the scanner for that model thx!

Anyone have any thoughts on the c754e?

Regards!
A.

I'll take that as a No. =^..^=

copytechman
06-28-2016, 02:02 AM
Sorry wasn't trying to be confrontational, it just wasn't picky about what was scanned, almost like it lost count of the pages scanned with the doc feeder and then had a meltdown. Again apologies!

Regards!
A.

copytechman
06-28-2016, 02:13 AM
I'll take that as a No. =^..^=

Found the scanner firmware it wasnt the current version it was the one prior and its to change a soft switch to indicate a jam as opposed to fb0b. If I had to guess then there's a problem (not easily identifiable) with the doc feeder then... I'll check into that tomorrow as well.

Regards!

A.

neil greenhough
06-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Is the fault only when copying or from print engine. I had a doc feeder putting shadows on the 2nd side only. Konica rep said they had one doing it in London and had pulled the machine for the dealer as it was new. Turned out to be a firmware issue. They sent me the firmware and it cured it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

copytechman
06-29-2016, 03:21 AM
Is the fault only when copying or from print engine. I had a doc feeder putting shadows on the 2nd side only. Konica rep said they had one doing it in London and had pulled the machine for the dealer as it was new. Turned out to be a firmware issue. They sent me the firmware and it cured it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Called konica, they opted to replace it as the device is brand new basically. Here's hoping the new new one works properly.

Regards!

Also visited the c754e today, looks like the loop actuator for the 2 loop sensors wasn't moving properly. Parts on order.

Regards!

A.

Kidaver
08-25-2016, 09:56 PM
I've come across this fb0b on two different c3110 machines. Seems it happens when scanning multiple pages but not single pages. New Scanner FW seemed to resolve the issue on one, but I'm still getting the code on the other. I guess I'll give KM Support a call in the morning about it.

pepper38_cnd
03-31-2017, 12:09 PM
I know this is an old thread. But in case anyone is still encountering this as I did. Change SW291 set it to 32 and the Faults Error FB0B will now be displayed properly as an ADF Misfeed. If you check the jam log you would see an adf misfeed had been recorded with each error. This issue is either PS103 or PS 102 in the adf. If your going to take it apart just replace them both, or or you have a parts machine like I did just swap the ADF. Just to let you know I went through the process of opening a Request and Replacing the MFPB as directed by Tech Support before realizing the real issue.

B0265
03-31-2017, 12:22 PM
I know this is an old thread. But in case anyone is still encountering this as I did. Change SW291 set it to 32 and the Faults Error FB0B will now be displayed properly as an ADF Misfeed. If you check the jam log you would see an adf misfeed had been recorded with each error. This issue is either PS103 or PS 102 in the adf. If your going to take it apart just replace them both, or or you have a parts machine like I did just swap the ADF. Just to let you know I went through the process of opening a Request and Replacing the MFPB as directed by Tech Support before realizing the real issue.

Thanks for the update, I'm struggling with the same problem.

Johnny
07-27-2020, 02:24 PM
Hi all,
I've had this problem on numerous C3110 machines. Konica Minolta has replaced several of them under warranty when several attempts at repair produced no successful results. Now however that these machines are getting older they can no longer be replaced under warranty. The MFPB on this machine is upwards of $700 so replacing it is not the something you would want to do just as a guess. I'd like to hear any success stories on resolving this problem if there are any.
Thanks!

Phil B.
07-27-2020, 02:46 PM
Hi all,
I've had this problem on numerous C3110 machines. Konica Minolta has replaced several of them under warranty when several attempts at repair produced no successful results. Now however that these machines are getting older they can no longer be replaced under warranty. The MFPB on this machine is upwards of $700 so replacing it is not the something you would want to do just as a guess. I'd like to hear any success stories on resolving this problem if there are any.
Thanks!

with this thread being 3 years DEAD I doubt they reported back/solved the issue.

please start your own new thread

Custom Search